Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I have 10, which is to say more than I need... I think its a documentable sickness, especially since I mainly play 2 ( 3 if you count the acoustic when it's late, my wifes asleep and I'm trying to be q-u-i-e-t

In order of playing time

-PRS custom 24
-Custom shop Tele, lace sensors, double coil in the bridge position
-1976 Guild D-25 with L Baggs p/u
-USA Tele with a Seymor Duncan 'Lil 59 in the bridge
-91 Rickenbacker 330-12
-53-54(? based on headstock) Silvertone single cut-away fat body arch top/f-hole with a lip stick, and DeArmond, and a Bigsby (beat to crap, but a great slide guitar, albeit very low signal output)
-89 Les Paul Pre-reissue, beautiful guitar, afraid to take it on a gig :confused:
-Yamaha 'thumper' bass for putting down bass lines when I'm writing
-All Parts quilted top strat body with a tele neck, assortment of pick-ups, got in a trade as a project guitar
-Jay Turser 7 string.... no explanation why I bought this

I could probably stand to let go of a few

Gibson SG-I Black (american)
Gibson Gary Moore Signature Les Paul (american)
Martin DX-1 (american)
Fender Squire Bullet Bass (japan)

I've always wanted a tele. Boo Hoo.

My collection updated...

...at 8 so far.

Squier Affinity P-bass - gloss black
Squier Fat Telecaster - green metallic
Ibanez Artcore AG75 - transluscent blue sunburst
Johnson JG-622-E acoustic/electric bass - natural blonde
Squier Bullet Special - ice blue metallic
Fender Standard Telecaster - brown sunburst
Fender So-Cal Speed Shop Strat - red & white So-Cal Speed Shop paint scheme
Ibanez JTK2 Jet King - brown sunburst

Matt in Indiana

Jay Turser JT-LTP
A whacked out Jackson/Epiphone hybrid (Randy Rhoads body on an explorer neck; sounds ghetto as hell*, but it plays beautifully)
ESP LTD B-50 bass
Johnson Dreadnought Acoustic, currently on loan to a friend.

*EDIT: I meant the idea of such a guitar sounds ghetto, not the tone.

Last edited:
At least one more "BABY" on the way!

Yamaha Bass
Fender Tele
Epiphone 335 Dot
Yamaha Acoustic (20 years old and gettin' better everyday)
(Got a mandolin also) I know it's not a guitar...But my wife considers it one of my "kids".
HOWEVER!!! The Taylor CE-310 cutaway acoustic/elec is coming soon. :)

I'd say that my collection is growing to 9, but my Squier Affinity P-bass is getting replaced by a 2005 model Agave Blue Fender Standard Precission bass. I looked at the price of the 2006 models, and decided to jump while I could still get an Agave Blue Precission bass, and save $25.00 in the process! :P

Soon as I figure out where to sell/donate the Squier, my collection will stand at 8 (so far) still.

Matt in Indiana

one really (since i only ever play bass). a musicman stingray 5. and i follow the never-mess-with-the-eq-on-anything-once-it's-set-where-it-belongs school of thought as well. i've got a danelectro six-string bass that i never play, and my girlfriend has a danelectro guitar that i noodle around on and a '63 gibson es-330 that's squandering itself away in a closet, untouched. kinda heartbreaking.

but i keep looking at that ovation magnum every time it pops up on ebay, because it's just so dumb looking, and with a name like magnum, well, it might scare the lady's gibson out of the closet.

I got 2 electric and 2 acoustic. One of the acosutic's was my grandfather's, so it's gotta be at least 40 years old. Pretty beat up though!

Back