Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I still have my first guitar. It is a 1961 Silvertone (Danelectro for Sears) U-1 that is a Les Paul Shape with a single 'Lipstick' pickup. I still have the original 10 watt tube amp.

I have a 1986 Fender Stratocaster that was bought for me by some bandmates after an audition with a borrowed guitar. It is antique white with rosewood fingerboard and is totally stock except for a HS-3 in the bridge position.

My main guitar is a Black and Creme Hamer Standard with Duncan (covered) PAFs. It has a hand carved bone nut to replace the stock PVC.

It is custom shielded with copper tape under the pickguard and control cavities. It has a carvin 3-way switch and a Tone-Pros Locking Bridge. Other than that, it is all stock.

It has the biggest, fattest sound of all, with a raspy edge on the high end. Love those covered PAFs.

I have a 1970's Charvel Strat Style I am building with later reverse (Jackson) headstock, 1-11/16" neck, Schaller Floyd Rose (rests on body) and H-S-S configuration with a Carvin M22-SD in the bridge.

I have an old Hohner Acoustic that was made about 1970. It has aged to a beautiful golden color and it has the best sound on recordings. It is always strung with Roto-Sound 12-54s.

I have a Jackson Kelly Bass with flat wound strings that rounds out my collection. I would really love to add a nice SG one of these days, but their high cost just keeps me dreaming.

You can never have too many guitars...Bert

I think I lost count at 17,...

anyway, do small-scale guitars for my kids count? How'bout if I play them too? Ha.

Anyway, I think I have 17, but probably 20 counting the kids' "axes", Ha, but I think I'll buy ANOTHER ONE very soon.

F/I, [hot tip], I just saw the Ibanex GAX-50 BASS, for $160 at GC, and I'm determined to pick one up [today or tomorrow] in RED, to match my NEW RED GAX-70 GUITAR, which I bought well over a year ago, maybe two, and it's lived it's entire life so far in a hardcase in my closet! Anyway, I plan to buy the matching RED BASS, soon, if not tonight or tomorrow!

I know, it's insane,... but it's "me"!

I'm a guitar-buying-fool!

PS: Oh yeah, I play them too!;)

Here's the list...

Peavey t-60
Squier Showmaster HSH
Fender Standard Strat
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut
Bradley 1/2 size strat copy
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Samick 6-string acoustic

Whoops! don't forget the Epi Bass :)

Basically, 7. The expensive electric, the cheap electric, the expensive acoustic, the cheap acoustic, the expensive classical, the cheap classical, and one 3/4 dreadnought for hiking trips.- Richie

4 more guitars than when this thread started and one was sold.

Hmmm, I've never separated the guitars from the banjos and mandolins and such so here goes:

Alvarez Yairi DY88 '89
Dobro 60 DS '86
Fender Strat '86
Gibson ES-150-D '69
Gibson J-200 '90
Gibson L-50 '38
Guild DV52-NT-HG '96
Guild F-50 R NTspecial '69
Guild Mark II Classical '69
Harmony Sovereign '51
Ibanez Guitar 3/4 '97
Jay Turser Tele '03
Maccaferri '54
Martin 00-18 '52
Ovation Balladeer '71
Ovation Country Artist black '96
Ovation Country Artist blonde '96
Ovation Custom Legend 12 '80
Rickenbacker Lap-St '35
Tokai Silver Star '80
Weissenborn Hawaiian '28
Yamaha Bass '86

I think it's time to consider selling something.

Short list:(

Washburn 2502 5 string bass (bought last week)
Washburn XB200 4 string (being defretted right now)
1973 Ibanez (actually Antoria branded) 335 copy, which our guitarist seems to be falling for:)

3 right now, but two of them are POSes.

Mex 62/3 strat (main guitar)
noname sunburst strat (old main guitar)
small cheap steel string accoustic with the fret length of a classical

I've owned a handfull of strat copies over the years as well as a Nice Guild accoustic and a very early American 57 Strat reissue (it was sweet).

I'd like to pick up a small body martin accoustic some time.

I feel bad about this. I only have one HONDO STRAT copy in my list. Not as much as the other reply in this post. I do love the sound of this only guitar I have that I get from my Triple Rectifier, Marshall DSL 2000, Marshall 6100, Deizel, Budda, Rivera Los Bottom, Rivera Quiana, VHT, Mesa MK III, Soldano, and Fender Twin Reverb. Oh... Also, the best sounding amp in my arsenal, GORILLA with a wopping 30 WATTS!!! :D

Oh well, seeing I didn't list a year or so ago when this thing started....

Electrics:

Levinson Blade R1
Burns Bison ('83)
Ibanez RG 470 (I think - how do you tell?)

Acoustics:
Takamine from many moons ago
Yamaha "classical"
Maton CW80 with gloss finish
Maton Messiah (if that ain't the best name for a guitar ever, I don't know what is..)

+

Schecter Bass

Yet to be owned...

Les Paul
+
12 string of some description

You know,... if you buy inexpensive guitars, you can buy more of them!

And, inexpensive guitars can be set up to play really nice, if you give it a try.;)

Anyway, let me NOT tell you about that RED IBANEZ GAX-50 BASS I just scored!;)

I own 2 electrics right now
but ive only used 1 for over 3 years now, my Fender Jaguar

I have a Martin acoustic too, which is great
I'd like to get some more guitars, but i keep spending all my money on drums or recording gear

foo said:

'28 National Tricone
'50 D-18
'56 Goldtop
'60 Telecaster
'61 Dbl Cut LP Special
'61 345 SB
'62 345 Cherry
'63 Epiphone Crestwood Custom
'64 Strat
'82 Custom 'Superstrat'
'93 Collings 000-2H