• 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
Anyway,...

That's okay! I got up to 20-something, then lost count!!!

Note: The 20-something guitars includes at least one or two "clunkers",... but mostly respectable and/or "fine" instruments. Honestly, I lost count! :eek:

A Reel Person said:
That's okay! I got up to 20-something, then lost count!!!

Note: The 20-something guitars includes at least one or two "clunkers",... but mostly respectable and/or "fine" instruments. Honestly, I lost count! :eek:

Hey Dave, nice. Great you have alot of fine guitars. Probably eBay, right?

I was meaning to talk to you about those Beatles songs you recorded, I know you put them on Nowhere Radio's site but I forgot to tell you that Nowhere Radio is a Copyrighted site!

You have to pay royalties. I hate people who steal software, and copyrighted material like Beatles' songs. I know you do too. Just a heads up buddy.

Good to see you here.

Important update...

...I gave my Takamine resonator to my daughter for her birthday, and repl w/ a new Epi Biscuit resonator. Did I mention the Ibanez ABG305 5-string bass I got in December? Gosh, it's hard to keep track.

I own the following. First the ones which for whatever reason I don't regularly play:

Montaya SG copy, '70s vintage--my first guitar, still have it but partially disassembled, kind of a POS anyway.

Harmony strat copy, late '80s--my main guitar for years, also in pieces.

Harmony "student guitar", '60s-'70s--awaiting some much needed replacement tuners, but at least complete and playable, a really cool little guitar that sounds not half bad either.

Kent hollow-body violin bass, '60s--again awaiting some restoration work and reassembly, this was my main bass before I bought my first p-bass copy.

Squier Bullet, mid '80s--Japanese made, not the crappy cheap strat lookalike but the older, smaller-bodied style that looks closer to a Fender Mustang. Has the bridge and pickups from the Harmony strat currently.

Samick acoustic, mid '90s--the first guitar I bought new, needs a setup and a new bridge saddle badly.

Premier strat copy--very recent, but needs new pickguard and electronics as I stupidly got only halfway through upgrading and destroyed them in the process.

And now the ones I DO use:

Epiphone Les Paul "1998 Limited Edition"--cherry red, quilted maple top, black hardware, replacement Grover tuners, replacement Duncan '59 in the bridge. Nice guitar, albeit comfortably banged around.

Lotus strat copy--nice ash body with beautiful but sadly abused blue stain finish, replacement Kent Armstrong single coils.

frankenstinian p-bass copy--made from parts including neck and bridge from my old Peavey p-bass copy, unidentified white p-bass-style body from eBay, Duncan-Designed pickup, and pickguard and electronics from guitarpartsusa.com.

I'm trying hard to justify buying another. I mean, I still don't have a Telecaster in my rig, or a 12-string...

cheers

Billy S.

acorec said:
I was meaning to talk to you about those Beatles songs you recorded, I know you put them on Nowhere Radio's site but I forgot to tell you that Nowhere Radio is a Copyrighted site!

You have to pay royalties. I hate people who steal software, and copyrighted material like Beatles' songs. I know you do too. Just a heads up buddy.

I've seen buttloads of covers on nowhereradio.

Incanus said:
I've seen buttloads of covers on nowhereradio.
It might help to know what the copyright law says, so I quote it here (from Cornell University):

Sect. 107. Limitations on exclusive rights: fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A [17 USCS Sects. 106, 106A], the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include--

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.​

Nuthin fancy

84 strat
76 musicman stingray guitar
76 Martin D-19
Alhambra 8c classical
no name classical

basses, mandolins don't count, I guess.

Since my lapt post in this thread, I have added a 62 American Vintage Reissue Jaguar (Surf Green) and a Sunburst 50's Esquire. That Esquire is one sweet guitar.

Guitars

Les Paul Classic
Fender 96 American Stratocaster with red lace in neck, gold in middle, and seymour duncan hot rails at the bridge
Fender American Series guitar
Takamine EAN15C acoustic
Schecter diamond series bass

im more of an electric player but lots of acoustics have kinda come upon me.

ive got a
epiphone les paul custom -would go gibson but im not rich
crappy epiphone korina explorer but with custom zebra pickups
an 100 dollor epiphone dreadnaoght
an ovation celbrity
an applause old
and a old old memphis bass wit rusting pickups

i guess thats pretty good for the time ive been playing

Since my three sons and daughter (ages 14-26) are at present under my roof I'm claiming theirs, too! By order of age:

1923 Washburn Parlor Guitar (my dad got it new at the age of 12)
No-name Spanish classical (my late brother-in-law's)
1968 Fender Shenandoah acoustic 12-string
1989 Fender American Standard Strat Midnight Blue
Washburn D-10 acoustic
Danelectro Korean two-pickup 6-string Turquoise
Squier Precision Bass Special Antique Burst
Yamaha (FX-335?) Acoustic/Electric
Eastwood Vox Phantom VI clone White
2005 Fender American Strat Chrome Red

Amps:

1966 Vox AC-10 England
1990 Fender SK-10 Chorus Korea
Vox Pathfinder 15R Korea
Fender DeVille USA
Vox Brian May White case Korea
Fender Rumble 100 Bass Amp

The harem is thinning out;

2 each JMP Ernie Balls (1 6 string and the other a 7 string with piezo pups)
2 each Vai models ( ugly ass black/monkey grip/plexi glass pick guard and green swirly ...i call the puker)
2 Gibson LP not sure what the models are any more (1 sexy cherry burst and the other gold top reissue)
1 Ibanez 550 ( a good axe really! The neck and hardware are good but the factory pups suck!)
1 Ibanez 320 DX with sustainer added, new humbuckers, new trem...it's a ller axe. Mild wood work and repainting...an excellent project guitar!
1 Ibanez Satriani (gold metal flake...I hate that it slips out of my lap while sitting)
1 Wolfgang (green...oh mamma!)
1 freakish Brian Moore i8 ( had to have it when in Seattle last year...it's yummy..the wife is still pissed)
Martin acoustic...DX1 (this is a great guitar for the buck don't let the big dollar taylor/martin gear sluts tell you other wise)
Martin acoustic...D15 (it's ok...spent too much for the name brand)
Tacoma Koa Kahuna (my baby...worth every penny...I've had it for about 5 years...going to have it refretted...play it that much)
Oh yea...and my step children,the Fenders...got a couple mexi's and an a American but they're just there for the kids to plink on.
I've got a couple cheapie Ibanez bass guitars but that probobly doesn't count.

I just love these things...the shape the finish...when you hold them they cry...some times they sing...it's a passion. My wife calls it an obsession but she's crazy.
:D

Back