I own 7...

1975 Fender Jazz Bass re-issue
2001 Schecter Model-T
2000 Squier Fretless P-bass

1999 Fender Acoustic dreadnaught or w/e, a cheapo
80's "Aims" Les Paul ripoff
'96 Squier Strat, custom everything *added my own pickups n stuff*
2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio

I'm not into vintage guitars. Except for surviving this long, what's so great aboutem

???

- Okay, sometimes build quality is better on vintage guitars than on contemporary guitars, but that's not universally true, across the board.

WOW, they survived 40 or more years!

That's what they say about the Stones!;)

-Jet Black Fender HM Strat. Ebony neck.
-Translucent red, vintage bodied Strat with new neck. Active EMG's & gold hardware. Rosewood neck
-1986, matallic blue Jap Strat w/ Floyd Rose and EMG 85 at the bridge. Singles are passive. Maple neck.
- Conklin 7-string. Passive electronics. Black, rosewood neck. Custom model coming soon :D
- Fender Gemini II acoustic. My writing tool. Had it for 18 years. If I can't get a riff or a song to sound good on the acoustic, then I never carry it to electric.

The guitar I miss? A 1991 Fernandes Strat w/ a Duncan Trembucker 2 on the bridge, ebony neck with 24 medium frets, floyd rose, and custom paint job on the face plate. At least the guy who bought it learned how to play and is doing well in a local blues band :)

The guitar I don't miss? A 70's Black beauty Les Paul. Paul's don't fit my hands very well. I gave a very fair shake, but I sold it and returned to my Strats :)

I was fortunate enough to be into the vintage electric stuff before it got out of hand - and my plan was to get 'one of everything' so whatever gig came up, I had the guitar for it.

A friend and I bought and sold them for about five years (from 88 - 93), and I kept the ones that felt right to me - and got really lucky with some great guitars.

The only thing I never found was a Super 400, Johnny Smith or L-5 that I really liked enough to keep.

I can't imagine paying some of the prices I hear about today!

For example, I paid $450 for the Strat, and $1,350 for the Goldtop.
I was fortunate enough to get a mint blackface Vibrolux Reverb and Pro Reverb, too.

I also let a lot of stuff go through - such as a near-mint '59 P-Bass, a '61 dot-neck, a mint '66 blackface Super Reverb with the blond Telecaster to match - a bunch of stuff that I traded up for what I wanted.

My only regret is a '54 Goldtop (with the wraparound bridge) that I had in my hands at Willie's American Guitars in St. Paul. THis guitar absolutely sang acoustically and most of the finish was worn off - not abused but really worn. Mucho mucho mojo.

I was in the store when it came in - and went to the cafe next door to think about whether I really wanted to buy it - half an hour later, having decided I could afford it, I went back in the store and watched the guy who had just bought it count out the money on the counter!

Oh well!

WOW!!! some GREAT guitars on here!!! I bet we could all sell those off and buy out Fender or something!!!! Of course, some would own more stock than others. . . you know who you are.

anyway, i own
American series Fender Telecaster (black)
Takamine EF350 acoustic/electric
Takamine EG334 acoustic/electric, which I just picked up in mint for 250 bills with HSC from some chick. Sells for 599.00!!!! WOO HOOO gotta love those chicks who wanted to start playing, bought a nice ax and then gave up and need 200.00 for rent or clothes!!!
and an Ibanez AW100 acoustic.

HAD:
96 Fender Jaguar reissue (never, ever stayed in tune)
Epi les paul standard

ROCK ON BROTHAS!

ACOUSTIC:

YAMAHA 12 STRING
YAMAHA 6 STRING

ELECTRIC

66 GIBSON MELODY MAKER
EPIPHONE L.P. SPECIAL

FENDER PREC. BASS

I only have three left.
My Washburn 5, The '77 Ibanez copy of the '75 Fender jazz, A '61 Moserite.

I don't have any Pepcid AC with me so I won't mention all those I gave away, traded, sold, or had stolen.

Alas, I sold off my bass and one of my guitars when I decided to try becoming a keyboard player as well as a guitarist.. what a mistake! Now it's just me and my 1988 Fender Heavy Metal Strat, although I'm going to sell off my keyboard gear and buy a bass.. then a nice Brian Moore iGuitar and a GR-33.

I hate myself for selling my ESP five-string bass and my old Ibanez Artist EQ. :( :(

What I've got now

Fender Strat {American} with EMG's
Gibson Les Paul Jr {96 with P90's}
Hammer Sunburst {with Duncans}
Takimine {74 Martin copy}
And a ...
Classical {40 year old hand made thing}
And a Peavey bass that I don't use much

I guess the one I miss the most is a 74 Les Paul Standard I had{tobbaco burst}

Don

-MY - GEAR - CLOSET - GUITAR - DEPT -

13 cases visible, + 2 out of frame. [=15]

PLUS, btw, the NEW RED IBANEZ GAX-50 BASS I just bought without case! [Out of frame, =16]

AND, the Mitchell MD-100 acoustic w/o case. [Out of frame, =17]

Plus, three kid-scale guitars, w/o cases. [Do kid's guitars count?...yes=20!]

One TKL bass case still has GC tag on it! That's too funny!;)

Attachments

• im003598a.jpg
    im003598a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 172
i gots my p-bass.......mmmmmm.....p-bass ive had him for almost 2 years now

i got an ovation acoustic three or four weeks ago

and ive had a silvertone electric 6 string for a year or so...its a big piece o' crap...but....it plays

freak

i own and play

1982 chiquita short scale 6-string travel bass, restrung with guitar strings, it has this realy thick neck (which i've grown to like),

1990 american strat with two bass strings on an extra tailpiece(E and A tuned A and D) and three guitar strings on a kahler tremelo (D-G-B),

martin backpacker with a strat single coil mounted on it (between bridge and soundhole with an aditional pickguard epoxied to the soundboard - it had no accoustics to begin with!)

hartke aluminum neck 4-string bass (original but thinking about changing one of the active pick-ups with a passive p-bass pick-up, still have to look in to the wiring),

i also have a mexican fender bass on which i performed a jimi hendrix after it took a 3 meter fall which cracked the neck - now it's a complete wreck.

They call me "king of the cheap guitar"!

In my band, I've always got 3 guitars on stage:
Martin Stinger (Strat copy), standard tuning, tremelo bridge active, paid $100 on eBay
State-of-the-Art (Tele copy), either drop-D or standard tuning, paid $150 at a pawn shop
Music Drive, tuned down a full step, tremelo bridge locked out, paid $80 used.
So I've got $330 tied up in my 3 main guitars.

Also have:
Fender Spring Hill Acoustic that makes it on stage occasionally. My most expensive guitar.
Another Martin Stinger that I bought used for $50. Use it for a travel guitar.
Vox Phantom VI that I bought new in 1965! It mainly stays in the case.
Fender Jazz Bass (Mexican).
Washburn acoustic that my son has.

5 guitars. More if I didn't sell some to get rent money.............eeesh........

2000 Martin D41 - my baby. I swear I will live on the street before I sell her.

2002 Fender '52 RI Telecaster - Texas Special in the bridge. Modified to modern electronics. Don't do this. I repeat....Don't do this. I wanna change it back now. Just get a tele that is not a '52 RI.

1996 Gibson LesPaul Studio. Chromed out Redwine. Been to hell and back with me. Been through the top of a ceiling, and has been used as a weapon.

early 1960's Electro (Rickenbacher) Lap guitar

2003 Lanaki Ukelali - (who am I kidding......I can't spell either of those words:o)

Back