how long is your guitar cord during gigs or jamming?

how long is your guitar cord in gigs or jamming???

• 5 ft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 ft

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 10 ft

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 13 ft

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 15 ft

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 20 ft

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
I voted for 20, but it's actually 18.

The longer it is the more highs you lose.

If you run fx before the input, you're going to lose some signal and increase the noise level, too.

foo

I only have a 10ft cord. So thats what I use. Ive only got a 15 watt amp so its not like its a beast. And I usually just hide in my room and play....*rocks back and forth* parents not find me parents not find me parents not find me

~Freak

Samson wireless. It'll go for at least 100 feet but too far off the stage and the audio delay kicks in.

12', but I could get by with less. I'm right near the amp and the console.

More often than not 12' is too much, but if I decide to mic the amp outside the room it comes in handy.

About 300'..... I always use a wireless. Its to the point now that when I plug in with a cord I'll walk off and knock everything over.

Wireless.

I have a AKG 1400 (I think). It's pretty decent, but I can tell the difference between it and cables. It has a small degradation of the highs.

However, I run sound from the stage and need to run out to check the sound. Also, in a live context, I'm willing to trade off the subtle difference in tone for the freedom of movement.

I'm with teknomike, just long enough to reach my amp.

Usually this is a 15' (although I have a dreaded 25 footer that has to be used sometimes).

I like those new Fender California-cords (or whatever they're called). I HATE those with the nylon cloth like jacketing. Twisty nightmare.

dreaded 25 footer?????? iv been thinking of oredering a 30 footer from online so i have enough room to jam out, hope its not to much or not enough!!!!!

Roybot said:
Samson wireless. It'll go for at least 100 feet but too far off the stage and the audio delay kicks in.

I said 10 because that's what i use when i use a cable, but most of the time i'm on the Samson Airline wireless. I've taken it over 300 feet away through multiple concrete and steel reinforced walls and it never dropped out or lost quality.

sile2001 said:
I said 10 because that's what i use when i use a cable, but most of the time i'm on the Samson Airline wireless. I've taken it over 300 feet away through multiple concrete and steel reinforced walls and it never dropped out or lost quality.

But how can you be sure you aren't losing sound quality, if your 300' away, on the other side of a concrete wall?

Back