How about Most Overated Bassists?

How about the bass player for Duran Duran, I love his parts.
And the Singer/bassist for Mister Mister.

80's man!

clif

Mike Inex (from later Alice in Chains, Jar of Flies on) is a great bassist. I think he played with Ozzy too? His melodic lines really added some extra color to AIC's brooding sound.

Victor Wooten

I admit I haven't heard every one of those bassists all you have mentioned but if I had to name someone who has more skill than I could ever imagine (his solo album is so insane .....) that could stand more respect is victor wooten.

underrated- John Alderette (Racer-X)
Ross Valory (Journey)
Bootsy Collins (Groovemaster)

Overrated- Nikki Sixx
Gene Simmons
Rudy Sarzo........ although he's a very tight player!
Jason Newsted

RF

mark wank king

mark king from level 42 has to be one of the all time most overrated bassists cos hes so busy wankin and spankin that he needs a bass player to keep a line down

You dredged up a 3 year old thread just to say that??

Anyway I think he's a fantastic player let down by unbelievably dull songs.

Bass Freak said:
And the bass dude from P.O.D....i dont remember his name right now, but hes good.
His name is Traa Daniels and I agree that he is an awesome bass player. One of the reasons I think so is that he is so much more versatile than people may realize - great bass in their songs, but he started out as a jazz basist, and is a really good one.

It is a shame Marcus left the band though....

Most lead guitarists who pick up a bass become legends in their own minds and are way self-overrated.

I can't imagine how hard it must have been for Entwistle to keep Moon in time.

I'm not a bassist but I'm pretty sure the guy from Symphony X is real good. Does anyone know who that is or have an opinion on that?

Back