Help Picking Guitar...

Alexrkstr

Hey guys...

I've been wanting a Les Paul for a longt time but I'm seriously digging the SG... I want to spend around $500, so I am considering the Faded versions of these.

I mostly record at home, no gigs...

MY SETUP
I have a Fender mim and a Variax right now that I run through a PODxt or a small 5amp tube amp. I can get the LP tones from the Variax but not the SG's...

My question is - Is there a big difference in TONE between the SG standard and the faded? It's about a $700 difference and I think I could save that to get a LP later...

What do you think?

The faded version would serve you quite nicely if you're digging SGs. You won't notice any difference in TONE from the standard SG.

I never really liked the way the faded series finish felt, play one in person first to make sure you like it.

I actually just got an Epiphone Goth SG that's awesome.
The satin finish feels really good and it plays and sounds great. I thought I would have to replace the pickups quick, but they're working well so far. I'm a sucker for p-90's and will probably put some of the great GFS Mean 90's in there sometime.

Also, you may want to check out the Reverend Daredevil, it's similar to an SG and about your price range: http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/set_neck_series/daredevil_hb.html

Back