Guitar talk box

Atkron205

I am trying to build a talk box for a friend of mine. I have found several videos on how to build it using a horn driver. I have repaired a couple in the past so I kind of know the basic layout. My question is what kind of switch is used and do you have to run it through an amp? he plays direct for recording. Can you just run a signal into it or does it have to be an amplified signal? The videos I have found connect the same source feeding the amp speaker to the talk box. Thanks

It needs an amp to power the driver, and it's recorded through the mic in front of his face. It shouldn't take much volume (don't want to ruin his dental work). A simple lm386 based chip amp would be easy to slap together and should work fine.

It needs an amp to power the driver, and it's recorded through the mic in front of his face. It shouldn't take much volume (don't want to ruin his dental work). A simple lm386 based chip amp would be easy to slap together and should work fine.

I thought how stupid that question was after I posted it. :facepalm: turns out he has a small amp with a 10 inch speaker. the horn driver was 30 bucks. so with materials we can do it for under 50. Thanks:D

Back