Guitar Setup - NJ

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Anyone have any recommendations for where to have an electric guitar setup in central NJ.

I know of Raritan Bay Guitar Repair in Freehold, but it’s not real convenient for me.

The internet brings up New Jersey Guitar and Bass Center in Edison, and Don’t Fret Music in East Brunswick. (And Guitar Center in E. Brunswick, which I’ve pretty much ruled out.)

I’m not familiar with either of these. Any experience with them or other suggestions or recommendations?

Hi google Paul Unkert he is in Toms River but well worth the trip.. does all my gtrs and no one else.
Thanks. A bit further than I’d like to go. But I’ll give him a call. If he’ll do it while I wait, might be ok. Rather not make two trips.

Why not do it yourself?
I have. Not thrilled with the results. A lot of people swear by a professional setup. I’d like to compare just to see.

I must be losing my mind. Didn’t someone in this thread recommended Russo’s in Asbury Park?

Anyway, that’s where I ended up taking it. I’ll post back with my take on them. Won’t get it back for a week or so.

Back