Guitar lust

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
I am lusting after one of these
image.jpg
Anyone played on one? Think it would be a good replacement for both the Washburn and the Ibanez.

Seems like it would combine a lot of the things I like about both my Washburn and my Ibanez in one guitar. So I could trim the collection down by 1. Leaving space on the rack for my mrs acoustic when I get it for her birthday. She wants this black dreadnought that we've tried.

Yeah... But it's a maple top.... That's like me saying to you, don't you already have a Les Paul.

They do seem to be quite different guitars though. That's a flat raduis double octave, whereas my tele is a bit more traditional. It's also maple topped

I like teles... Except when they're actually teles. To me a tele is just The Electric Guitar. It's just that a traditional washboard tele wouldn't be much use to me.

It's got a pair of humbuckers with a 3 way switch, a fixed bridge and through body stringing like the Washburn.
It's got a double octave flat neck with massive frets like the ibanez.

I bet they are quite Ibanez RG style pickups too.

As many vids as I've watched about these chapman guitars, especially the factory tour vid, I don't know if it wouldn't serve you better to stick with what you've got and save your money. Not saying that the features aren't great but, like Greg said, you've already got a badass Tele... So yours doesn't have the string-through body, so what? If you want to get one then go for it but I wouldn't release one of the current flock just to make room...

Have you played one yet?

No, not yet. And I wouldn't normally buy a guitar that I haven't played on which is why I was wondering if anyone has one yet. They do seem like very good value for money.

These two into one ideas rarely work though do they, last time I tried it I just ended up with and extra guitar. My current tele was supposed to be a 2 into 1.

I might go and see rob chapmas band on Friday actually.

I really like that guitar, except I can't get into the flat-radius thing. I actually like about as tight a radius as I can get and the baseball bat 50's neck. I am obviously not a shredder, nor would I be even if I could do it. Don't care for the reverse headstock, either. But that's a sexy chunk of carved wood. I've been wanting an HH carved tele for a long time, I just hardly ever run across one around here. I don't really need one, I've got a couple teles and HH setups out the wazoo, but there's just something about a carved-top HH tele that gives me a woody.

You should try a tele like mine. Arched maple top with a pair of buckers. The neck is pretty flat though

It's what would be considered a TeleGib, after Jeff Beck's/Seymour Duncan's.

So, JDOD. let's see this thing. I'm jonesing for some guitar ****.

Wow, never seen anything happen like that before. It automatically changed the correct spelling of 'pron' to ****.

I think I've just officially joined the ranks of people who think this moderation situation has gotten a little out of hand.

I mean, I'm all for keeping it relatively clean, but I thought we all could handle at least PG-13 content. I didn't realize we'd gone 'G'.

When did Disney buy this place?

Use of the word cuts the links to the site and loads of education and work place systems will tag the site as unsuitable, again cutting down potential traffic and new members. I work form time to time in schools and colleges, and loads of great music forums are unavailable simply because of one or two words. The lighting guys have the same issue because sites like Lee Filters have one colour called ba5tard amber! It's not censorship, it's common sense. NSFW sites may be great because they use language we use face to face, but if people can't see them, what's the point. image.jpg I bought this guitar simply because it's pretty!

Wow, never seen anything happen like that before. It automatically changed the correct spelling of 'pron' to ****.

I think I've just officially joined the ranks of people who think this moderation situation has gotten a little out of hand.

I mean, I'm all for keeping it relatively clean, but I thought we all could handle at least PG-13 content. I didn't realize we'd gone 'G'.

When did Disney buy this place?

That's an auto-censor left over from the Dragon days. It's pre-audiofanzine. It's not new overmoderation, so get your bra out of the fire.

Back