• Peavey

Votes: 104 7.5%
  • Anything but a peavey

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 316 22.7%

• Total voters

strmkr

I know this has probably been done,but since Phil02 just posted a guitar poll,I thought I would post an amp poll,just for fun..........

I have quite a few, Acoustic 450s (two), Peavey Bandit, Ampeg B42x but the one I'm diggin the most right now is my Line6 AX2.

Last edited:
Technically Marshall is also a Fender follower, since the original Marshall amps were designed off of the Bassman circuit.
I use exclusively Fender amps, except for he occasional Vox AC-30 or Orange amp when I can get ahold of them.

H2H

I voted "Vox"

In fact thats how my band name came about...

A chick I was producing was at the studio and looked at the 2 amps and said, "You should call yourelf "Vox fender".... "

Being the usual dopey-Joe, I said.. Hmmmmm Cool.. and didn't even pick up on the Amp thing.....

I thought she said Vox vendor... and Vox being voice and Vendor meaning to sell or distribute, made total sense... I said thanks.... and kept it....

The next day all of a sudden the amp connection popped into my head and I called her and she admitted that she was looking at the amps when she thought of the name and actually said "Vox Fender"..........

Never the less, I kept my translation VOXVENDOR

Sort of weird little story of my band name:)

PS.. I do love my Vox amp... I did vote honestly..

i voted for pevey...they are like timex watches "can take a lickin' and still keep tickin'"
I am biased though. I live in central mississippi and when im faced with the very rare occurance that a pevey peice of equipment screws up....i can drive to Meridian and the pevey techs will drop what they are doing and fix it on the spot (charging only for parts). I had a pevey mixer go out on a thursday night when my band was practicing. The following Fri. morning I took it to pevey and they fixed it in 30 minutes and I used it that night. WITH THAT KIND OF SERVICE HOW CAN YOU USE ANTHING ELSE? also, theit new line of amps sound very good.

I was just havin' some fun with the "anything but a peavey" answer.I have had a couple that were indeed bulletproof.
But,after playing guitar for almost 30 years,I have figured out I will never be happy with anything but a Marshall. I am currently using a VS-102 valvestate to gig with,and have recently acquired an old plexi super lead that will reside here in the studio.I love the valvestate for gigging because it is durable as hell and doesn't have a bunch of tubes to shake loose on the ride into town up these rough old Oklahoma backroads.

my 1st fav is my right channel--peavy butcher--it builds up 4oowatts in order to out-put 120watts thru four 12" speakers in a slant designed cab...the entirety of which is "supposed" to have been built to specs very similar, if not identical, to Marshall's methods--which is strange because the Butcher is much more quiet than most any Marshall...all I know "for sure" is that it rocks like all hell to be such a quiet amp--for about 600$ less than a Marshall....my 2d fav is my right channel--FenderTwin--100watts--nuf-said.

Boogie:cool: Boogie:cool: Boogie:cool:

Once you've used one, you'll never use anything else.

foo

Gotta be Boogie.

I just had sex with my Quad last night and it was the best! IMHO, the best Mk IIC clean channel I've ever heard. Full shred sustain and harmonics on the Mk III channel. And OOOOH! The Mk IIC balls-to-the-wall lead channel. I guess Metallica searches high and low for Mark IIC amps and here I have it right under my nose. Wrap it up in a fuzzy thong and you're good to go.

The only thing to do with a Crate and a Boogie is pack the Boogie inside the Crate for shipping so it won't get damaged.

foo

Fender, etc.

I once had a Fender Pro Reverb, which I bought new in 1981. Worst thing I ever did was sell it. I wasn't playing out anymore, and had gone to more compact amps. What a sweet sounding amp it was! The friend I sold it to still has it, fortunately, though it's a little worse for the wear.

I'm pretty impressed with Tech 21's tube emulation circuitry, much more so than all of the amp modeling stuff that's currently out there. Their Trademark 10 and 60 amps really sound like tubes!

Bruce in Korea

foo said:
The only thing to do with a Crate and a Boogie is pack the Boogie inside the Crate for shipping so it won't get damaged.

LOL :D

I was also curious about that one. I've never played a great Crate. Then again, there may be decent ones out there.

Re: Fender, etc.

overseas said:
I once had a Fender Pro Reverb, which I bought new in 1981. Worst thing I ever did was sell it. I wasn't playing out anymore, and had gone to more compact amps. What a sweet sounding amp it was! The friend I sold it to still has it, fortunately, though it's a little worse for the wear.

Same thing with a Peavey Rockmaster. Sold it, wish I didn't. Not a real stellar preamp, but it had one great tone that was excellent for the price.

I'm pretty impressed with Tech 21's tube emulation circuitry, much more so than all of the amp modeling stuff that's currently out there. Their Trademark 10 and 60 amps really sound like tubes!

Yes! :cool:

I'm impressed that someone knows the difference between "emulation" and "modeling." The Tech 21 products really do a great job reacting to your playing the way an actual analog amp should.

Cheers,
Matt

In fairness to Crate, I only ever heard two and they both sounded like crap.

foo

Back