Votes: 104 7.5%
  • Anything but a peavey

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • other

Votes: 316 22.7%

• Total voters
3 favorite all time amps:

3. Fender Twin - too heavey and too loud though
2. Sunn Studio - OK, gonna get some shots for this one but the little cheapy Sunn amps of the late 80s with 1-15 inch had the sweetest tone in overdrive. Great studio amp, terrible live though.

And my number one all time favorite amp Fender Vibrolux . Not too heavy, just loud enough to cut through live and it works great in the studio.

Marshalls, too heavy. Boogie, never used one but I would like to.

i think all of them but peavey are good amps. but peavey keeps getting better. maybe they will start producing good amps soon. their pa stuff is already pretty good.

crate is about as good as rogue.

you forgot bogner and rivera.

also someone already said orange, but you forgot that also.

donkeystyle said:
i think all of them but peavey are good amps. but peavey keeps getting better. maybe they will start producing good amps soon. their pa stuff is already pretty good.

crate is about as good as rogue.

you forgot bogner and rivera.

also someone already said orange, but you forgot that also.

Nice blanket statement.... All but Peavey are good?.. whatever..

I've owned a Yamaha, Fender, Mesa Boogie.. My Peavey out performed em all...

I even sold the Fender concert 112 to get my Peavey, no comparison...

And my new Roland cube amp kicks ass too.....

"All but Peavey are good"... what a dipshit.....

I have an Ampeg ReverbRockett....very nice but a little weak for most gigs.

I have a Fender Hot Rod deVille (4-10s) which is great and nice and loud with two very good overdrive channels but it breaks about every 6 months.

I have a Dean Markly 80 watter that's very good for solidstate but it's solidstate.

I have a Fender VibroKing (3-10s) that's nice but breaks up a little too soon.

AND THE WINNER IS:

My old Ampeg V-2......I recently dusted this off (been sitting up for 25 years ) and ran it thru 10's and good lord, it's like one of those boutique amps. Way more power than 60 watts should be and seriously great tone........I'm freakin' in love with the damned heavy-ass thing!

Right now I use an old beatup MusicMan 100 RD Head with an old Lesile 15 Cab as my primary rig for my SG.

I have a few other amps but this one sounds like I want.

I use a TNT 130 for my bass.

yep you guys heard it here first i'm a big dipshit. kelly5150 says so. it must be true.

first you should have used ' not " when you Quoted me because you changed what i said. it doesn't matter, but i just felt like telling you.

just like you are entitled to your own opinion without people attacking you personally, so am I.

after reading a lot of your posts, i find you calling me a dipshit pretty damn ironic. i've thought this for quite a while, but until now have avoided saying it...your an idiot.

and Lt. bob. that's awesome that you have that amp still. ampeg has some pretty badass amps.

I voted for Fender, even though the amp I play is an Allen Old Flame. It is Fender topology and sounds like a Fender. I also have a Fender Pro Jr. and a Fender Super Champ, as well as a Peavy Classic 100 head.

Its all about what works for each of us though. What works for me might not be good for anybody else, so I don't evangelize about amps or guitars too much.

donkeystyle said:
yep you guys heard it here first i'm a big dipshit. kelly5150 says so. it must be true.

first you should have used ' not " when you Quoted me because you changed what i said. it doesn't matter, but i just felt like telling you.

just like you are entitled to your own opinion without people attacking you personally, so am I.

after reading a lot of your posts, i find you calling me a dipshit pretty damn ironic. i've thought this for quite a while, but until now have avoided saying it...your an idiot.

and Lt. bob. that's awesome that you have that amp still. ampeg has some pretty badass amps.

I didn't change what you said, and just where was I suppose to use "not"?

As a matter of fact it was YOU who changed what I said..
I called you a dipshit, not a "big" dipshit... But you are actually right, you are a "big" dipshit....

And anyone that would say all amps are good but Peavey, is definitely the idiot....

You ever owned a Peavey?

Probably not....

Some of the amps I have owned
Ampeg VT-22
Ampeg V4
Fender Pro Reverb
Fender Band Master
Fender Super Reverb
Fender Bassman
Music Man HD130
Ampeg VL1002
Acoustic GR212
Lab (forgot the model 4 10s 100watts)it sucked

All but the Lab amps were pretty good
The VT-22, V4, Super and Pro are the best though.

"yup, i'm a big dipshit. kelly5150 said so. it must be true."
you don't recognize sarcasm when you see it?

i didn't say you were supposed to say not, i said you were supposed to use ' not " because you changed my words.

have you heard that saying about assuming? i'm sure you have and i don't have to say it...
i have owned peavey stuff. i own peavey sp2x pa speakers which are pretty good. although i don't like to admit it i have played a bunch of peavey amps and own a peavey amp.

said it once and i'll say it again. your and idiot. even more of an idiot than i originally thought.

lame.

ur now being ignored.

donkeystyle said:
"yup, i'm a big dipshit. kelly5150 said so. it must be true."
you don't recognize sarcasm when you see it?

i didn't say you were supposed to say not, i said you were supposed to use ' not " because you changed my words.

have you heard that saying about assuming? i'm sure you have and i don't have to say it...
i have owned peavey stuff. i own peavey sp2x pa speakers which are pretty good. although i don't like to admit it i have played a bunch of peavey amps and own a peavey amp.

said it once and i'll say it again. your and idiot. even more of an idiot than i originally thought.

lame.

ur now being ignored.

Whatever, dumbass....

Pretty amazing that an interesting thread about who likes what amps could degenerate into a namecalling argument.
This is what makes the internet so entertaining. :D

Crate makes a good amp!

I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't heard it with my own ears. The Crate V15 all tube powered, Class A. Sweet vintage tone. I bought mine at Guitar Satan for only $300. Don't just take my word for it. Have a listen for yourself. I thought maybe I lucked out and just got an especially good sounding one. But after reading the reviews on the les paul forum I realize that this amp is truly a great bang for the buck.

Older Peavey stuff(i mean the tube amps/some were hybrids) were super bulletproof...but sounded like crap!

Newer Peavey amps are real junk! I both *gulp* have to sell and work on them... You can actually break a newer Peavey amp just by replacing the tubes... the tube sockets themselves are so cheap an weak...most fail within about 1-2 years... or if the guitarist is a road musician I'd give it 6 months... The newer Peavey amps do sound better than the old stuff...but not much/and for how long???

I work as a Peavey dealer and repair/not by choice

Shred

Here's a weird one for you. Every Crate amp I have played through sucked big time, and the more expensive they are, the more they suck. However, I own a MX15R, an $80 15 watt practice amp, which is actually a great clean amp for recording. Go figure. For playing out, though, my material gives me no use for distortion of any kind, so I usually use a Strawberry Blonde acoustic amp, which makes my SG sound pretty much like a dreadnought. But then again, there aren't many people who would play acoustic fingerstyle blues on an SG. I would.-Richie

Older Peavey stuff(i mean the tube amps/some were hybrids) were super bulletproof...but sounded like crap!

Newer Peavey amps are real junk! I both *gulp* have to sell and work on them... You can actually break a newer Peavey amp just by replacing the tubes... the tube sockets themselves are so cheap an weak...most fail within about 1-2 years... or if the guitarist is a road musician I'd give it 6 months... The newer Peavey amps do sound better than the old stuff...but not much/and for how long???

I work as a Peavey dealer and repair/not by choice

Shred

I have a Fender VibroKing (3-10s) that's nice but breaks up a little too soon.
hmmmm, how soon is a little to soon? 3..4,5? Just wondering, i've had my eye on one for a while Lt.

Peavey 5150 here, with a laney 2/12 cab. Happy with it for rock and blues type stuff, but I want a nice fender'ish tone to go along with it. I really miss my old Silvertone stuff..damn shame:cool: :p

Back