Got One of These This Week

bongolation

MF had these for half off, so I bagged one just like this only with a little more grain showing through the "white blonde" finish.

I've always wanted this particular guitar in this particular finish, so I jumped for it.

By the way, this is my five hundredth post. Do I win anything?

After fooling around with it for a few days, I have to say that it's a really nice example of the breed - though as I may have mentioned here, Fender set the guitar up with TWO .009" E strings in the E and B positions.

Aside from that display of boneheadedness, I really like the guitar. It's flawless as far as I can tell.

I'm not absolutely sold on the concept of staggered tuners, though.

Ohhhhh verrrry nice, makes you drool, what is it about Strats? I've got 2 and to see one like this I still want it.
Thats a good choice, love the colour too.

Very nice!!! I've been a Gibson man for a long time, but I bought a strat a few months back and I find myself reaching fo it more and more.

Very cool. I'm jealous. Nice deal.

Half off? So what'd you end up paying, 5 or 6?

What does "hard tail" mean?

That is a nice axe. Congrats.

Hixmix: Based on my understanding "hardtail" refers to the set bridge.

("Softail" refers to a Harley Davidson ;) ).

Lopp said:
That is a nice axe. Congrats.

Hixmix: Based on my understanding "hardtail" refers to the set bridge.

("Softail" refers to a Harley Davidson ;) ).

don't forget the "split tail" :D :cool: ;)

Actually, any AMF bike has had all the bugs worked out by now, including Firebirds chopper and my 1974 Harley FLH. Basically, the design was fine, but AMF didnt understand that Harley was still using manufacturing techniques from the 20's and demanded they increase production when they took over in 1969(IIRC). So the guys in the factorys just slapped the bikes togeather and shipped them for the dealers and the riders to sort out. just about any AMF bike out there has been totally rebuilt at least once since then, so they are pretty reliable.

Yes it's AMF and Bdgr's right, I don't have to do much work on it anymore. This bike is so basic that it doesn't even have a battary. If it doesn't make it go or make it stop, it's not on my putt.

I was just musing about this:

I hope no one considered getting an AMF Harley based on this thread. Generally, they are not reliable bikes, regardless of how many times they've been rebuilt.

Back