good tremolo pedal?

dobro

I want another pedal and I want it to be a tremolo. Any suggestions would be welcome.

seymour duncan, shape shifter. very nice, tap tempo for speed control, quiet, true bypass, not to expensive

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I went looking at one with some fancy extra features I thought would be cool. But even dialed out it couldn't do the basic smooth shape I remembered Fenders have. Nice guy directed me to the Boss TR-2. Saved me about $150.

I went looking at one with some fancy extra features I thought would be cool. But even dialed out it couldn't do the basic smooth shape I remembered Fenders have. Nice guy directed me to the Boss TR-2. Saved me about $150.

On my '68 DR reissue, I think that the tremolo is the only weak part of the whole amp (everything else is amazing IMHO). It seems pretty square-wave-ish, not a desirable sound to my ears. So apparently even Fender doesn't do the basic smooth shape that they used to!

On my '68 DR reissue, I think that the tremolo is the only weak part of the whole amp (everything else is amazing IMHO). It seems pretty square-wave-ish, not a desirable sound to my ears. So apparently even Fender doesn't do the basic smooth shape that they used to!

My Twin Reverb is an orig 1967, not a re-ish, and the trem is pretty dull, also doesn't go fast enough.
It's its own specific sound. I use a TR-2 90% of the time.

Contact Lou Giordano and beg him to build another "Vacuum Electronics" tremolo pedal like the one he made for Roger Miller in the early 1980s. That thing had the deepest nulls of any tremolo I've ever heard; I think Lou said it was 80dB down during the negative duty cycle. Incredible sound.

Contact Lou Giordano and beg him to build another "Vacuum Electronics" tremolo pedal like the one he made for Roger Miller in the early 1980s. That thing had the deepest nulls of any tremolo I've ever heard; I think Lou said it was 80dB down during the negative duty cycle. Incredible sound.

The one used on Trem Two on Vs...
Boston native by any chance?

The one used on Trem Two on Vs...
Boston native by any chance?

I worked at the same recording studio Lou did when he was at MIT, and took over his role as bass player in The VaccumHeads when he quit performing to concentrate on the other side of the glass. This was all around 1979-81.

Back