Gibson dirty fingers pickup vs SD invader pickup

jeffri07

hi, i was interested if anyone has any experience with the gibson dirty fingers pickup. i am thinking about dropping one into my epiphone dot however i am nervous that it has a ceramic bar. i did not particulary like the seymour duncan invader which had a ceramic bar. does anyone happen to know whether they are tonally similar ? if the dirty fingers sounds like a hot rodded seymour ducan JB than i would be more than happy. but again im trying to stay away from the invader tone . thanks for any help

i don't imagine that that pickup and a semihollow body would be a good combination........but tom delonge uses it in a semi-hollow body, so I guess it might be cool?

I have an Invader...It sits in a jar by the door. A very hot, very sensitive very microphonic little devil...It will likely be in that jar when I die...I did not pay for the Invader, nor would I. The pole pieces look like heavy construction rivets, giving little to no clearance for the strings without modification...

...The Invader is +/- 20 years old, and I know for a fact that it hasn't resided in a guitar for 18 of those...It sits in a jar by the door...

It was replaced 18 years ago with a Bill Lawrence L-500...

I hope this helped... :)

Eric

The Invader is evil, the rusty piece of crap. It used to attract silverware off the table, the magnets were so strong.

OK. I made that part up.

I have a gibson 335 that has the original dirty fingers p/u. Seems like an odd combo but that guitar absolutely rocks. Very high output. ymmv however.

The invader has a midrange spike at about 1k, making it a nasaly, useless piece of crap. The dirty fingers is a different story.

DeadUnion said:
I use an invader on my ibanez rg, it kicks ass, it is a little hot but you just gotta know how to control it.

Please tell us all how to control it. We all mistakenly think it's a useless piece of crap.

stetto said:
I have an Invader...It sits in a jar by the door. A very hot, very sensitive very microphonic little devil...It will likely be in that jar when I die...I did not pay for the Invader, nor would I. The pole pieces look like heavy construction rivets, giving little to no clearance for the strings without modification...

...The Invader is +/- 20 years old, and I know for a fact that it hasn't resided in a guitar for 18 of those...It sits in a jar by the door...

Eric

can i have it?

SecondHeartbeat said:
can i have it?

I dug the thing out yesterday...It doesn't look like it should even work...You wanna pay shipping for it, it's all yours...

Eric

stetto said:

Eric

As far as humbuckers go, I had one (L-500xl) in a strat at one time. It was an awesome pickup for what i played back then. I'd still have that guitar if the pawn shop had'nt stole it from me. :D

Back