Fishman AURA

Light

We are, along with being one of the largest repair shops in the country, one of the largest independent shop dealers of Fishman Matrix piezo pickups. Because of our position with Fishman, they ask us to do favors for them, and give us opportunities on new gear. They have sent us one of there new AURA's. They say it is not a modeling box, but from my (at this point very limited) understanding, that sounds like exactly what it is. We just got it in today, I have not had time to play with it. Once I have, if anyone is interested, I will post my review of what I think of it.

The basic idea is that it is supposed to replicate the sound of various guitars, and "model" (though they don't want to use that word) the reflections and frequency response of the woods, the body shape, and a variety of microphones. I must admit, I am dubious as to the legitimacy of the concept, but we will see when I have given it a try.

By the way, DTar is coming out with a similar product; Fishman just beat them to the punch.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back