Finally got my dream guitar!

I've wanted one of these for many years, and I finally got stupid and bought one :D It's used, and has a small chip on the headstock, but everything else is cherry!

Or should I say "blueberry"...

PRS_1.jpg

PRS_2.jpg

PRS_3.jpg

PRS_4.jpg

Ooooo...is that a PRS ?

I usually am not fond of blue guitars..but that Cobalt shade of blue is really nice. I'm a woodgrain freak and love seeing finishes with the woodgrain showing.

I don't know about you, but I love getting stupid!!!:D

The best guitars PRS ever made. I've always been disappointed with the stuff he has done since then - becoming more and more a clone of Gibson.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Thats one great looking guitar-the maple top is beautiful.
Is there 2 volumes and a tone or is there a blend control for the 2 pickups?:confused:

Thats one great looking guitar-the maple top is beautiful.
Is there 2 volumes and a tone or is there a blend control for the 2 pickups?:confused:

One volume, one tone, and a five way rotary switch for the pickups. That rotary switch is the one thing I never really liked on those guitars - too fussy to use.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Oh man, it plays like a dream. I've had a couple of my buddies come over and noodle around with it for a while, and it is our considered opinion that this guitar rules hard.

I had heard that the Custom 24's were essentially the only guitars PRS still made that didn't sorta suck.

Oh man, it plays like a dream. I've had a couple of my buddies come over and noodle around with it for a while, and it is our considered opinion that this guitar rules hard.

I had heard that the Custom 24's were essentially the only guitars PRS still made that didn't sorta suck.

Oh, I don't think that any of the USA made stuff sucks, but then nothing they've ever made was particularly great either. It's all very good, though. The thing with the Custom 24 is that it is a unique and original instrument - something which can not be said for most of the rest of their line.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Oh, I don't think that any of the USA made stuff sucks, but then nothing they've ever made was particularly great either. It's all very good, though. The thing with the Custom 24 is that it is a unique and original instrument - something which can not be said for most of the rest of their line.

Light

M.K. Gandhi
That's the way I feel about it: there's really nothing quite like it out there. Anyone making something similar is usually described as "PRS-like", or a "PRS clone". I know there are certainly better guitars out there, or at least those with more personality (old LP's and Strats come to mind for sure), but for a modern guitar, I'd put this way up there :)

Beautiful guitar..... Now go buy a guitar stand worthy of it. :D I'm thinking solid oak cabinet with display lights and a lock on the glass door.

J/K, but not really....

I played a PRS a long time ago for 15 minutes. I don't even bother now 'cause I know I can't afford them. Why toture myself.

Congrats, man. I'm officially jealous.... :)

Back