Fender Hot Noiseless Pickups Opinions Please

Telegram Sam

I'm wondering if any of you wouldn't mind sharing your opinion on the Fender Hot Noiseless Pickups.

I only recently encountered this fine treasure trove of experience, otherwise I wouldn't be asking this question now.

I recently bought my first guitar after selling seven of them 20 years ago ('65 strat that I got when I was 12, melody maker, explorer, LP, P-Bass and a couple of acoustics).

I would like to keep it down to one or two guitars over the next few years, so I ended up purchasing my favorite; a Fender Strat.
The Jeff Beck Sig model appeared to possess the features that I personally found appealing.

It does have the Fender Hot Noiseless pickups, which from what I read of what I found on line to be very good pickups.

I'm running it through a Vox 15r and and an eleven rack (not at the same time) until I can get my hands on a Fractal Audio Axe FX II.

Would I be better served by a different set of pickups if I were hoping to get more of a say, bright and up front sound out of the lead pick-up?

I have listened to a number of live recordings of my old Strat, and, while I had a blast playing it as a kid, the tones don't necessarily strike me as something that I now feel compelled to exactly duplicate.

I'm on the fence with this right now, leaning towards working with my current set-up until i am more familiar with it, trying for tones that will work for my half-assed home recording efforts (plus being lazy), but something, like many of the rest of you, I'm sure, is still gnawing at me, making me wonder if I have really arrived, or ???

TS

I had a Fender American Deluxe Strat that I installed the Hot Noiseless pickups in, I thought they were great. It had a nice bite and sustain to it. It made the Strat sound less "Anemic". I have since sold the Strat to a friend. I have a Floyd Rose Classic Strat with a Gibson 500T in the bridge position, it is enough Strat for me, I am a Gibson man.

VP

Back