Earplugs

Vigo

Hi. I play guitar in a band. It's really loud stuff yes yes.

I don't wanna put on a headset (even tho im forced sometimes) cause it cuts almost all of my guitar...

I've been using cheap earplugs for a while and it seems to be ok-ish but i was wondering if i could buy bulk earplugs someplace online?

Some good quality plugs wouldn't hurt either, anyone knows of a good website where could buy a good amount of not-bad earplugs?

Amazon.com: Macks Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs Value Pack, 6-Count (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care

I use these for live drumming. They mold really easily to the ear and they're virtually invisible so you don't look corny.

Make sure you sound good before you put them in, and then rock out.

LOL - they're the ones I use for sleeping.:laughings: Imported all the way from the US to a local retailer. For sleeping, they're certainly the best you can get, never thought of using them for drumming / guitaring.

LOL - they're the ones I use for sleeping.:laughings: Imported all the way from the US to a local retailer. For sleeping, they're certainly the best you can get, never thought of using them for drumming / guitaring.

I actually love earplugs for playing live. When you sit behind a kit and stand in front of Marshalls several days a week, your ears will die a fast death. For practices I just use those regular cheap spongy roll em up and jam em in kind. For live I use those nearly invisible silicone things. To me they're great because I can still hear everything fine, better actually, and they cut out the painful white noise of cymbals and blaring amps.

You just have to remember to not make any sound adjustments through earplugs. You get used to it, and your ears will live a long happy life.

I wish I had have used ear plugs during the years I played live. I can't even hear cymbals or shakers with my left ear. When I mix I have to use my right ear to hear those details coming out of the left speaker. Im paying now for my cocky "It's never too loud!!" attitude I had years ago.

I wish I had have used ear plugs during the years I played live. I can't even hear cymbals or shakers with my left ear. When I mix I have to use my right ear to hear those details coming out of the left speaker. Im paying now for my cocky "It's never too loud!!" attitude I had years ago.

I'm in a similar boat - I pan the high hats over to the left, but still hear them more from the right. It's the tinnitus when things are quiet (otherwise) that gets to me.

I use something just like these but without the string. I originally got them for hunting/shooting but recently started using them for loud musics. I am running chain saws and heavy equipment at work all day as well so my ears can get fucked at times. Tracking drums with headphones is still a problem though because those get loud as well and I never really notice until I leave the amp on by my kit by accident and hear how loud it is.

Amazon.com : Ear Pro By Surefire 4 Sonic Defender Ear Plugs, Black : Health & Personal Care

i use the macks too..

but i got some of these for gigging:

Etymotic Research | ETY?Plugs® Earplugs

simple
cheap
works

great for loud concerts too

How does everything sound with them?
Are they as "Hi-Fi" as the website claims?

There's a lot of different plug options, but if all they do is kill the loud sound and make everything dull, then you're no better off then just stuffing cotton in your ears if you just want protection....though plugs make that easier than cotton. :D

There are expensive custom made ones...where they simply knock down the dBs, but don't color the sound.

Cig butts work in a pinch. Jus' kidding, sorta. :o

Back when I gigged regularly, it was kind of weird how when the drumber alone was doing sound check, whack a mole on the snare, it was painful. But as soon as we ran through a song together things evened out and it was bearable. Equal compression across full spectrum of freq range, a full-on assault vs full-on resistance to compression, I reckon It's a wonder a lot of us can still hear at all. Earplugs are the smart way to go.

I've used Hearos plugs for many years. I lost considerable hearing from playing rock and roll for decades I'm a drummer and the snare and cymbals are killer. Back in the 60's and 70's nobody knew about the dangers of hearing loss ........ or at least the info was not finding it's way to us teenage rockers.

Several years ago my doctor told my to stop gigging (to protect what little hearing I had left) - which was not a reasonable option (he should have simply told me to stop breathing). So- I started using ear plugs and tried various options before finding the Hearos).

It may not seem "cool" it may not seem "rock & roll" - but ear plugs can help to limit hearing loss ....... and hearing loss most certainly ain't cool!!!!

I use ear plugs every time I play, but I also crave more and more treble in my amps. It's not a coincidence. It sounds too dark with plugs in. I wish ear plugs could evenly reduce the volumes across the frequency spectrum - or at least to the point where you could still hear a fairly accurate representation of how it sounds.

I use ear plugs every time I play, but I also crave more and more treble in my amps. It's not a coincidence. It sounds too dark with plugs in. I wish ear plugs could evenly reduce the volumes across the frequency spectrum - or at least to the point where you could still hear a fairly accurate representation of how it sounds.

Hearos, in my experience, do just that. Maybe they roll off the highs slightly, but it isn't noticeable in my opinion. It just reduces the volume.

Back