Connecting gutar to mixer and pc

FrancescoIT

Hello everybody! I'm from italy so i'm sorry for any errors in my english anyway, i like music a lot, especially electric guitar and so decided to get one for me so i got the guitar and the ampli, then i wanted to connect my guitar to the pc so i followed some guides on the internet and, looking for some good setup i got a mixer, the BEHRINGER Xenyx 302 and a Di box, the BEHRINGER DI100, and the necessary cables, but my setup doesn't work, i connected the guitar to the dibox, then the dibox to the mixer's mic in and the output from the mixer to the mic in on the pc, i can hear some background noise but nothing from the guitar...so i tried to connect to a speaker instead of the pc and i just can hear background noises but nothing from the guitar...what i did wrong?

You should have gotten an audio interface, and not a mixer. It's not going to work to send that mixer output into the mic input of the PC.

If you just got an interface, like a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, you would not have needed the DI or mixer.

1) You need an audio interface - a device that takes audio analog signal converts to digital and feeds the computer via USB. THe computer's built-in soundcard is supposed to do that, but typically, the ones that come with computers are not very good. THe other problem is the mic input on yoru pyour computer, chances are it may need a different plug connecting it from your mixer.
Any chance you can return that mixer (and DI)? if so, get the Behringer Xenyx with USB output. You should be able to plug your guitar right into that, then the USB to your computer. Your speakers need to be plugged into the mixer, too.
Better would be a real audio interface, not a mixer.

Back