Calling all Chord guys, Beatles chord help

metalj

Ok so ive tried to figure it out myself, ive checked out several tab sites on the internet and I cant find the right chord voicing for this one but oohh so important chord in the beatles song....."Till There Was You".

If anyone is familiar with the song, the chord im talking about is only played once and its kinda rogue sounding. It the last chord after the first section of single note lead guitar and is after 3 consecutive 1/2 step decending chords.

The time on my version, the chord hits at 1:23.

Man that is the hardest song Ive ever had to learn (for a wedding). The song is only like 2 minutes long and it has like 19 different chords in it. I think I have them all but that one.

Anyone?

Thanks

Ok so ive tried to figure it out myself, ive checked out several tab sites on the internet and I cant find the right chord voicing for this one but oohh so important chord in the beatles song....."Till There Was You".

If anyone is familiar with the song, the chord im talking about is only played once and its kinda rogue sounding. It the last chord after the first section of single note lead guitar and is after 3 consecutive 1/2 step decending chords.

The time on my version, the chord hits at 1:23.

Man that is the hardest song Ive ever had to learn (for a wedding). The song is only like 2 minutes long and it has like 19 different chords in it. I think I have them all but that one.

Anyone?

Thanks

It is not a Beatles tune. It is their cover of an old show tune .... which show eludes me as I am having a "senior" moment right now. I know the changes but I don't have my axe in front of me at the moment. It really isn't hard. If I can get to my axe I will post them for you. I play a lot of crap by reflex without thinking much about what I am doing. If you need to it can be played with a few basic changes. You don't need 19. Give me a few hours and I will see what I can do. It really surprises me that you cant get the words and the changes on the net. Back in the day that was a really popular tune.

Try http://www.azchords.com/b/beatles-tabs-410/tilltherewasyou-tabs-169920.html

I just looked at them and they seem close.

It is not a Beatles tune. It is their cover of an old show tune .... which show eludes me as I am having a "senior" moment right now. I know the changes but I don't have my axe in front of me at the moment. It really isn't hard. If I can get to my axe I will post them for you. I play a lot of crap by reflex without thinking much about what I am doing. If you need to it can be played with a few basic changes. You don't need 19. Give me a few hours and I will see what I can do. It really surprises me that you cant get the words and the changes on the net. Back in the day that was a really popular tune.

Thanks, there are alot of versions on it on youtube and what not, but there is a really rogue sounding chord in the original recording of it by the beatles that no one plays right.

The logical choice to me is a C7th and I think you add the 9th but im not sure.

thanks again.

Thanks, there are alot of versions on it on youtube and what not, but there is a really rogue sounding chord in the original recording of it by the beatles that no one plays right.

The logical choice to me is a C7th and I think you add the 9th but im not sure.

thanks again.

That tune was from The Music Man. The chord is really not rouge. Are you referring to the second chord in the song? If I know where it falls in the song I may know what the chord is.

That tune was from The Music Man. The chord is really not rouge. Are you referring to the second chord in the song? If I know where it falls in the song I may know what the chord is.

Thanks Henry, but no it is not the second chord in the song, that is an F#dim.

The one im trying to figure out is during the solo and to my ears it only hits one time in the song. Im not a theory guy. The recording i have almost sound as if they put some weird shimmering effect on it that maybe makes it slightly waver out of key or something.

Its at the 1:23 mark of the song i have.

1:36 on this version, notice the neck goes out of the picture right at this chord which doesnt help. I also will add this sounds different then the version I have too, but i guess if I get it close then its good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3WqQxrpVY

Thanks Henry, but no it is not the second chord in the song, that is an F#dim.

The one im trying to figure out is during the solo and to my ears it only hits one time in the song. Im not a theory guy. The recording i have almost sound as if they put some weird shimmering effect on it that maybe makes it slightly waver out of key or something.

Its at the 1:23 mark of the song i have.

1:36 on this version, notice the neck goes out of the picture right at this chord which doesnt help. I also will add this sounds different then the version I have too, but i guess if I get it close then its good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3WqQxrpVY

Well it is a dom 7 chord for sure. Georges attempt at a tri tone substitution.

He is resolving to what seems to be a GMaj chord. instead of playing D7 he is playing Ab7. So if you play the tune in F the chord would be Gb7. Try it.

Well it is a dom 7 chord for sure. Georges attempt at a tri tone substitution.

He is resolving to what seems to be a GMaj chord. instead of playing D7 he is playing Ab7. So if you play the tune in F the chord would be Gb7. Try it.

Thank you sir, I believe that is the one. It sure is weird sounding (to me) but it fits the song just right.

Back