Buying a new accoustic

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
As part of my foray into the world of folk music I am gonna buy a new accoustic this evening.

Its a Martin XC1T Ellipse. Its got both a mic and a piezo and a switch to blend between the two which I think is pretty cool.

Think I might get myself some Jesus sandals (worn with unwashed socks of course) to go with it.

As part of my foray into the world of folk music I am gonna buy a new accoustic this evening.

Its a Martin XC1T Ellipse. Its got both a mic and a piezo and a switch to blend between the two which I think is pretty cool.

Think I might get myself some Jesus sandals (worn with unwashed socks of course) to go with it.

Martin makes a nice acoustic. Let us know how the pick up/mic sounds.

Here it is. Sounds beautiful too. Just got back from rehearsal and got it out in my back room. Hard wooden floor and very sparsely furnished. I didn't half sound good, and that's with shite old strings on it too.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Post a recording sometime in the near future. We won't try to mix it for you ;)

I wanted to be all responsible when I was shopping for acoustics several years ago, but I just couldn't find an X series Martin that I liked. That XC1T gets really good reviews. I'm interested in hearing it. Looks really nice, that's for sure.

Congratulations, looks like a very usable instrument. Read some good reviews about that model, I hope you get a lot of pleasure from playing it.

All the best

Tim

Did you get a good deal on it? I see one at reverb.com for $600. I've never been sold on the internal mic blended systems for live use, just too prone to feedback. Not a fan of the richlite Martin fingerboard material either, but if you like the feel and the osund, that's what counts!

Back