BEST UNDERRATED GUITARISTS---------

Good call on Mick Box. Love his wah work on the title cut on Salisbury. You can actually hear him click on the wah before each of the lead sections he plays. Ahhhh yeah! :cool:

Hey, how about Kerry Livgren of Kansas? He's one you never really hear about, but he's very gifted. Seeds of Change, his first solo effort, has some great stuff on it.

Steve Vai, Jimmy Page, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bonnie Rait, BB King, George Lynch...

Couldn't resist. I always think it's so funny when these threads are posted asking for "underrated" musicians and then people post musicians that are well recognized for their accomplishments. :rolleyes: :)

Roland Orzabal from Tears for Fears. F*cking great writer and singer, too. Definitely underrated in all three of those categories.

Robin Guthrie (Cocteau Twins, Violet Indiana), too -- if I haven't said so already. Not a "great" soloist, but who the f*ck cares-- mmmmm, sweet layers and textures.

Bernard Sumner from New Order.

and the dudes from A Perfect Circle. My guitar playing naturally sounds just like theirs!;)

I don't believe I saw Mike Campbell anywhere on the list. There are many celebrated rock 'n rollers who owe many of there best songs to him yet he seems pretty low key although I doubt his bank statement is.:D

Back