Best reverb pedal

I was about to buy a TC Electronics Hall of Fame reverb pedal and I thought that I would check with y'all first. If you can recommend a pedal of equal or superior quality, suggest away! This pedal is for recording guitar, wet. (I know, I know.....)

Also, if you have any preferences between digital and analogue reverb, I would be interested to hear.

Thank you.

Do you have a price range?
There are many better reverb pedals, although that one is fine.

HOF is a good pedal. Personally I would use a digital reverb unless you want a spring reverb or can afford a higher end option. If you plan to run it in the loop of your amp, check to make sure it handles a line level signal. Not all stomp boxes will.

HOF is a good pedal. Personally I would use a digital reverb unless you want a spring reverb or can afford a higher end option. If you plan to run it in the loop of your amp, check to make sure it handles a line level signal. Not all stomp boxes will.

No loop. Blues Junior.

yeah? doesnt the Blues jr have a reverb on it? whats wrong with that reverb?
Ive never had a reverb blow me away, they sound great but i dont get it being super large in difference between a bunch of reverb units Ive had.....I did have a radio shack pos that had a lot of noise but it was $25....

for recording I'd just go DI into PODFARM skip the amps and you have an ocean of tones etc..etc..

I wouldn't give up on miking your amp, but that's another topic... However as you are using an amp with spring reverb, you might make sure that doesn't work for you before you try a pedal. Especially one that you have to put in front of the amp. That is not generally the best place for time based fx like reverb, delay, or chorus. An alternative is to record the amp dry then add your effect ITB.

The Blues Jr. reverb is OK, but IMO it is only OK up to about 3 or 4. For a touch of reverb, it's not bad, but for some stuff I want lots of reverb, and the BJ reverb falls off at a certain point. I'm not happy with ITB reverb, which is why I want to try the direct route: mic the thing or go direct, but in either case with a pedal. It may work well, maybe not.

For under $200, the Hall of Fame might be your best choice. Moving up to Strymon or Eventide will go over that.
Although, at risk if redundancy, recording wet is suboptimal.

Go for it!

Why a pedal and not a rack unit?
The Lexicon Rack units were supposedly top notch, right?
You can more options with a rack unit than a pedal.

I own and use both a HOF and one of the TC Arena reverbs in another pedalboard. Both are outstanding and if you go this direction and really want something special, use the 'tone print' function that all the current TC pedals come with. Especially if there's something in a digital unit you absolutely have to have.

I'd personally go in this order:

1. Figure out a way to make the Blues Jr reverb work. Isn't it a digital reverb in those? That can get nasty but make sure to try all permutations.
2. A reverb tank. They cost more, but sound better than pedals.
3. Add reverb in the box via a good sim.
4. Reverb pedal. I find this a $ waste because the output will almost be exactly like #3 and at much more cost for a good one. IMO Empress makes the best reverb pedal (but it's out of your budget). It is better than a sim but not by a lot, so you have to factor in if the cost is worth it.

Another option is to trade in the Blues Jr for an amp with good spring reverb.

I'd personally go in this order:

1. Figure out a way to make the Blues Jr reverb work. Isn't it a digital reverb in those? That can get nasty but make sure to try all permutations.
2. A reverb tank. They cost more, but sound better than pedals.
3. Add reverb in the box via a good sim.
4. Reverb pedal. I find this a $ waste because the output will almost be exactly like #3 and at much more cost for a good one. IMO Empress makes the best reverb pedal (but it's out of your budget). It is better than a sim but not by a lot, so you have to factor in if the cost is worth it.

Another option is to trade in the Blues Jr for an amp with good spring reverb.

A Blues Jr has a reverb tank. It is a short spring style tank and has audiotronics drivers. But it is short and honky sounding and there's no decay (dwell) control. The only control is the driver in the half tube........

Back