Best Fender Strat Amp

taking into consideration that you may need to generate a killer tone without the cops coming over I reccomend a smaller amp like that trademark ten. but a cyber twin may also be a good selection It also does the modeling thing with circutry instead of dsp. the Tech 21 is somewhat more affordable at 250.00 us

It's tough to beat a fender through a fender brother. I'd go for a vintage twin, super or vibrolux. These amps simply drip with tone...plus they're a great investment!

Go out and play the hell outta some and see what you think. :cool:

Sigh...

I've been debating with myself all day over whether or not I should pass this link along. I'm going to do it, because if any of you can afford this product, I believe you'll love it.

http://www.wisetone.com/

I don't necessarily want to do the company any favors, as I was good friends with the principal and head engineer in college, and am most definitely NOT now (it has absolutely nothing to do with music). But, what can I say? As an engineer, the guy is a tonal wizard. And if you can afford an amp in the $1700-2200 price range, it may be the best you've ever heard. And he's very much of the Fender/Fender school of thought, so ... yeah. There you go. It's worth a look. I guess Warren Haynes would agree.

Another excellent option if you're tight on dust is the BEL AIR 2-12 combo from Carvin. 50 watt all tube (EL84's!!) that kicks serious ass in tone department as well. Sounds fab paired with a Strat.

Good luck

Sorry for such a late reply, but I just got back from vacation. Anyways, thanks everyone for your inputs, and yeah I've been going out and testing amps left and right, but was just wondering what other ppl thought. The sound I would like to get is the punkish type sound. But yeah, I wouldn't just go on anyone's recommendation, but it's helpful, and thanks again for replies. :)

A punkish type sound?

Erm, you can toss out everything I've said, then. ;-)

I hear you can get a really nasty sound out of a four-speaker cabinet that has one torn cone, though. But I haven't tried it myself.

A Twin will work...if you are playing Madison Square Gardens.

It will be way too loud clean in most situations to acheive a punkish sound. Consider something around 50W or less if you are going tube, as even this will be killer loud with multi-speaker combos when cranked, and you'll get better distorted tone.

Thats my 2 cents.

I have 66 Fender Bassman and a 4x10 open back cabinet with Alnico speakers. I play a Strat, and it can sound downright nasty if cranked. It definitely has some rawness, which I think is mabye what you refer to as 'punkish'. I love this set up because the 4x10 is smaller sized (fits better into my vehicle, is lighter, takes up less room on stage than my 4x12) yet pushes a lot of air. I find the open back produces a better stage sound than the closed back, especially when your guitar is coming off the stage with no PA.

Back