Aunt Zelda

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Your beloved Aunt Zelda recently passed on, and upon the reading of her will you discover she has left you $600. However, knowing your love of music, she has stipulated that the $600 can only be spent on an electric guitar. Sadly, you will have to put off buying that new lawnmower or replacing the 15-year old water heater, but Aunt Zelda has spoken. So what are you gonna buy with your windfall?

600? Hardly much. What a tight git that Zelda was. No wonder everyone stayed away from her at the christmas dinner. =P

I'd have to say Ibanez and Schecter are some of the best in that range. I believe over in the states, you get get Agiles for that kinda price too. May be able to find a low end PRS, or maybe a good used one, for that kinda price. Wouldn't get your hopes up for the latter though. =P

I guess a lot depends on what you have for guitars already. And what kind of music you are playing. And what the used guitar market is like near you.

In my humble experience, in that price range a Schecter or Sammick. You'd be surprised at how much guitar you can get for $600.

Acoustic guitar? I'd go with a PRS Angelus SE. There's a youtube video of a guy playing fingerstyle with nothing but a 57 micing it, and it sounds fantastic to me (yeah, yeah, I know you aren't supposed to judge things based on youtube vids, but as far as I'm concerned, if they can get it to sound like that through youtube, you can do good stuff with it in your DAW).
Electric? ESP or Schecter, like most people here are saying. I personally have just used an Epiphone like arcadeko posted about, and the thing gets some rather nice sounds out of it for being only in the $350-450 range.

id look on ebay for second hand or "not working" guitars (a lot of people will sell a good guitar cheap because the pick up doesnt work, new pick ups or re wiring and its all good)

I don't have a good pic of this Sammick but it's one of my fav guitars that I own. Both were bought new. Both under $500.

Attachments

• Sammick.jpg
    Sammick.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 25
Aunt Zelda left me a lot more.I'm not sure what kind of guitar I'll be getting but it'll be gold plated and diamond encrusted.

Back