Attention ALL tube amp owners and users of tube products....

tubedude

Hey, I derived my screen name from the fact that I used to wheel and deal tubes.
I still have my connections.
I am going to order a retube for my Mesa Rectifier in about 4-5 weeks.
Tubes get cheaper in bulk.
I offer to you, the tube buying public, a deal. If you want tubes, let me know what they are, what you want, and we'll figure it out.
We both can profit from the bulk buy.
Lets make an example: most tube heads have about 5 12ax7's in them, for the preamp... and 4 EL34's or 6550's.
Musicians friend: Groove Tubes 12ax7, $14
Fender 12ax7 $11
Svetlana El34 $40
Groove Tubes 6550 $95!!!!
Lets say you went with 5 groove tubes preamp, total $70 plus shipping, and 4 Svetlana EL34 at $160.
Total: $230 retube, plus shipping.
Now I come into play.
If we have 4 people with heads that want tubes, check out the price cut....
I can get 20 Svetlana EL34's for $9.80 each. I can get 20 Sovtek 12ax7 @$7.00 Total retube: $74.20 SAVINGS: $155, not counting shipping.
I can get almost any tube you can think of, but the price breaks come with ordering the same of any given tube. I plan to replace 5 12ax7's, (4) 6550's (matched) and two 300B's for the rectifier(I canget those for $49.00 each with an order of 10 or more.)
Anyway, I would like the price break too, so I'll split it with you guys.
Look me up if interested. I can also order you any weird or varied tube when I place my order, too, probably cheaper than you can find on your own. I only do this about once a year, so jump now.
Peace.

Oh yeah...
Tube matching for power tubes is $1.00 per tube, so add $2.00 for a pair and $4 for a quad if you want them matched, and of course you do.
$3 per rectifier tube.
I can get Svetlana, Sovtek, Chino, Electro Harmonix, Jan Phillips, RCA, Sylvania, Mullard, Telefunken...
Some tubes are limited stock and hard to get sometimes.

I might get back into this full time. Think there is a market for cheaper than average tubes? Maybe a web based deal...
Hmmm....
Peace.

I know a few guys that may want to retube some old Fender amps (including myself). But, we're not going to want any EL34s, we're going to want 6L6s. Can you get those?

Oops, I meant 5U4G's on my rectifier tubes. Those are $8.00 and change for 10 or more EH's, and Sovtek too I think.

Great prices.

Qty of 20 or more 6L6's....
Electro Harmonix $9.70 each
Sovtek 6L6GB $6.00
Sovtek 6L6WXT+ $9.10
Svetlana $9.00

Really? Thats not a bad deal, really, but the MF site has them for $14 each....
Still.. I dont like Groove Tubes QC much, and the Sovtek Premium 12ax7 is a better tube IMO, and at $14 a pair on MY end if we bulk it, its a good deal. If you needed 5 that would save $15... i MEAN, $15 IS $15... thats a power tube :)
Those bulk power tube savings are where the real meat is at, though.

I might get in on it. Ihave a shitload of tube amps so I need to check and see what I need.....I'll get back in a day or so.

This is not attractive unless these are tubes from the handful of sources that do extensive burn-in (24/48 hrs) and retest prior to sale. Otherwise, you're certain - absolutely certain - to get some lemons.

The prices themselves are not that exceptional either.

Tubedude, I tried to PM you but your box is full, so I'll just post here.

I'm interested in getting four 6l6's and three 12ax7's for my Sovtek Mig 100. Svetlana or EH tubes, I suppose. I'm not real familiar with different brands. Nothing too fancy, nothing too crappy. What kind of prices can you get me for everything?

Also, I'm going to be MIA for the next week (vacation away from computers). If you need to make an order before then, I guess I won't be able to participate.

What's the QC on these tubes, someone made a comment that some will be dead or junky or something? I didn't know if that was a reasonable concern.

Hopefully we can help each other out here. If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because I already left. But I'll try to check my pm's tomorrow morning (sunday).

24 hour burn in and/or matching are $1 a tube, just like I said.

How do you figure that 4 good Svetlana 6L6's at $36, matched in quad, is not attractive? You have a cheaper source then clue me in. Better lay off that bong awhile :)

tubedude said:
24 hour burn in and/or matching are $1 a tube, just like I said.

How do you figure that 4 good Svetlana 6L6's at $36, matched in quad, is not attractive? You have a cheaper source then clue me in. Better lay off that bong awhile :)

This would depend on which Svetlana 6L6* it was, but if those were the better ones and were genuinely burned-in and matched afterwards it would be a good enough deal. The preamp tubes didn't look like that good of a deal, though.

The way to really tell - a lot of places (Groove Tubes, EH and other independent places) claim burnin and don't really do much. Most Russian power tubes will still stink to high heaven due to the bakelite composition until they've had around 36 hours. If you buy them and they still stink bad when you fire 'em up, they haven't really been burned in.

So, who's doing the burnin/matching? Are you doing this yourself?

On the other hand, you don't say which 12AX7* variants these are, and what culling they've gone through. A very high percentage of raw 12AX7* stock as sonic defects (LV claims he culls 40% of the 12AX7LPS tubes for microphonics), so the prices you state for these aren't as attractive under these circumstances. There's a wide range of variants available and their prices vary accordingly.

Bongos, not bongs, BTW.

Back