Aria Guitar?

Does you guys know anything about this Aria 6810 guitar?

Used ARIA 6810 MIJ ACOUSTIC | Acoustic Guitars | Music Go Round

Someone offered this model to me in a trade. I can't find much info about it.
Aria made some very fine Gibson less Paul clones. that was during the late 70s. That was probably Gibson worst time, quality wise, and the Arias are better made guitars than the Nolin era Gibsons. most all Arias are fine guitars. Japan was turning out some great stuff during this time

Japan really does craft some fine guitars for the money. I have an early 80s Aria Pro II electric, and while the electronics on it suck ass, the fit and finish is really excellent. Same for my mid-90s MIJ Takamine nylon string acoustic, it's really made very well.

From what little I can find about the 6810, I don't think it's all that valuable, but a good bang for the buck. I wouldn't pay more than maybe $200 tops for it used, maybe closer to $150.

Thanks, guys. Someone wanted to trade me 2 oktava mk-12s for the guitar. Sounds like I'd be getting the bad end of that deal if they're barely worth $200. He did offer to throw in a Seymour Duncan mag mic pickup, too, so maybe that evens it out. I'm not a big fan of the MK-12s and need a new acoustic, so what do you think?

I've got an aria pro II as well, and it's a nice guitar, but in personally would not swap it for a couple of mics. That's perhaps not useful. Surely the key feature is what does it sound like and play like, and do you fancy it. In eBay terms, the mics will be worth more, but if you like it, it's different.

That era CAN be beautiful BUT you'd have to play it to know if it's worth it.
I LOVE MIJ late 60s - mid 80s stuff. Well made an sometimes spectacular.

Yeah the guy is local so ebay isn't involved. I'll just test it out and see. Maybe I'll swap him the mics for the guitar + $100 if I like it. I never heard of these guitars, so I was just curious if this deal was worth checking out and the approximate value of the guitar. Now I know it's worth looking at, but I might have to ask the guy for more than just the guitar.

Back