aptuner (poor man's strobe tuner)

travelin travis

i've been using aptuner (software) for about a week and just wanted to mention it to anyone that needs/wants a tuner with precision of 1/10 a cent. it's free to evaluate and only $35 to buy. i've never owned a strobe tuner but this prog beats the snot out of any tuner i've ever tried. the guys that made this thing deserve props (and money). i'll never use all the features included but i'm enjoying it's ability to tune my guitars accurately. i'm sure it would be useful for intonation too. 3 thumbs up.

http://www.aptuner.com/cgi-bin/aptuner/apmain.html

That's a bit cheaper than Peterson's software strobe, hope it works out. I got the Strobostomp, which makes for a good intonation tuner, as well as a good stage tuner.

Also check out GTune, which is the same price to purchase, and the evaluation version is only limited by a power-off timer (enough time to get 1 string tuned or intonated). It has a virtual strobe as well, plus a few other visual extras like a frequency analyzer. I've never regretted purchasing it, and I've been recommending it ever since.

TravisinFlorida said:
i've been using aptuner (software) for about a week and just wanted to mention it to anyone that needs/wants a tuner with precision of 1/10 a cent. it's free to evaluate and only $35 to buy. i've never owned a strobe tuner but this prog beats the snot out of any tuner i've ever tried. the guys that made this thing deserve props (and money). i'll never use all the features included but i'm enjoying it's ability to tune my guitars accurately. i'm sure it would be useful for intonation too. 3 thumbs up.

http://www.aptuner.com/cgi-bin/aptuner/apmain.html

But keep an eye out for a good deal on a strobe tuner. I lucked out and found an older (but working fine) Conn Strobotuner on eBay for $12. Yes, that's no typo - twelve bucks.

I have a peterson and absolutely love the thing. It takes some getting used to but is worth it. You can probably find an older VS-I on eBay fairly cheap.

ggunn said:
But keep an eye out for a good deal on a strobe tuner. I lucked out and found an older (but working fine) Conn Strobotuner on eBay for $12. Yes, that's no typo - twelve bucks.
What a bargain! :)

Zaphod B said:
What a bargain! :)
You're right; I was the only bidder. Maybe it was because the seller was an antique store and had a less than stellar rep, and the auction ended at 4 am, but I thought what the hell, it's only 12 bucks. I put my bid in at about midnight and went to bed.

APTuner

Ya I've been using it for quite a while now too. A year atleast. Very accurate and very easy. Especially useful for alternate tunings due to its infinite settings and custom tunings.

Adam

Back