Anyone know "street" prices on Tom Anderson Guitars?

Easto

I'm considering purchasing a Tom Anderson Hollow Classic T (tele style body) but my problem is that only a few stores carry them and I don't want to be driving all over Los Angeles from store to store to ensure the best deal.

I can find plenty of online stores selling them but they never show the actual price. Does anyone here know what the new "street" price would be for one of these? I realize that there are several finish and wood options that will effect the price but if someone could give me a ballpark idea as a starting point it would be quite helpful.

For the record I'm seeing Mint condition ones with sunburst finish on eBay for around $1400 - $1600 including case.

The best deal is to find a guitar you like and not worry about a few percent. Tom Anderson guitars won't discount as much as the main stream brands, so don't expect 30 or 40% off retail.

Call around and see who has what, then go try the ones you are interested in. Buy the one that turns your crank. I like alder strats, so when I was looking at a TA, I thought for sure I would want maple on alder. When I went to try one they also had a maple on mahogany. Wow! The maple on mahogany blew me away. That's the one I left with.

Really! You gotta play 'em. When you find the right one don't let a few bucks bother you. You're spending a lot anyway. Not to say to allow yourself to get ripped off, but the right guitar and/or the right dealer is worth a few extra buck when necessary.

Here's my Anderson:

http://www.rockerbob.com/anderson/

Thank you. And yes I do understand what you're saying about chosing a guitar. I do have the means not to have to scrimp over a couple of dollars but I would still like to know if anyone knows current street prices.

Thanks
Easto

Back