Anyone here owned a Blues Deluxe Reissue that had problems?

Picked up amp today, it now works, thank god. Anymore money into it and Id be angry. So, now I notice a power tube rattle going on, FML. Otherwise though, sounds good, and loud as fuck. Dirty channel is pure shit, but the clean channel is great. Jimi, didnt get a chance to plug the pedal in yet, only had a few minutes and jsut wanted to give a quick run thourgh to make sure it worked.

Tube rattle...another reason I generally dislike combos. But cool you got it back (mostly) working well. So what was the problem?

Yeah, the dirty channel isn't very good. The clean channel with a tube screamer or blues driver sounds great though. I have a blues driver with the "keeler mod". It's pretty awesome.

Tube rattle...another reason I generally dislike combos. But cool you got it back (mostly) working well. So what was the problem?

It was stuck in the dirty channel and the reverb didnt work. Also whoever had it before me made some jumps on the board with wire and also just soldered across the board :facepalm:

Is it really worth it? Did you send it out or buy it modded? I've got a stock BD.. not so awesome, never use it, but I have thought about Keeleying.

You could mod it yourself and try it out. I don't Keeley mod anything, but his pedal mods have a great reputation. One good thing about the interwebs is that every top secret gear mod in the history of rock and roll has been reverse engineered, debugged, and posted for the world to see and do for themselves.

You could mod it yourself and try it out. I don't Keeley mod anything, but his pedal mods have a great reputation. One good thing about the interwebs is that every top secret gear mod in the history of rock and roll has been reverse engineered, debugged, and posted for the world to see and do for themselves.

That's true, and wow.. there are a lot more mods for that pedal than I realized.

I'm not sure. I've never paid any attention to Dumbles. They're obviously overpriced and IMO overrated. There are good clones out there, and no one uses those either, so maybe they're all hype and not really that great.

I think some people relish the prestige of owning really expensive shit.. Gibson J45s, for instance.

I think some people relish the prestige of owning really expensive shit.. Gibson J45s, for instance.
lol @ J45 popping up.

Yeah Dumbles are owned by rich guys, artists and rental shops. Any clones must be best guess 'cause he covers his circuits with epoxy to prevent that. Never seen or heard one in person.

Is it really worth it? Did you send it out or buy it modded? I've got a stock BD.. not so awesome, never use it, but I have thought about Keeleying.

Yeah it drastically improved the pedal. It didn't cost me much to keeley mod it. I went to a sight called "indyguitarist" and ordered a pack that has everything you need for the mod..plus instructions. I think it cost 13 or 14 bucks...I can't remember the exact amount but it wasn't much. It wasn't pretty easy to accomplish. If you can solder it's a piece of cake.

Back