Anyone have a guitar tree stand?

Anomaly Design said:
Thinking about getting one, obviously. I don't know if they're sturdy or stable enough but it would definitely make a nice display for my babies.

I don't mind the single story guitar trees/stands but I don't particulary feel too safe with the guitars on a free standing contraption like those trees, especially where kids or cats/dogs may frequent etc!

I have a 3-axe stand that was given to me and I love it considering the limited space in my control room.

Attachments

• tree stand.JPG
    tree stand.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 110
Gorty said:
I don't mind the single story guitar trees/stands but I don't particulary feel too safe with the guitars on a free standing contraption like those trees, especially where kids or cats/dogs may frequent etc!

I agree but I don't have kids or animals. do they fall over easy?

Anomaly Design said:
I agree but I don't have kids or animals. do they fall over easy?

The one tierd stands are quite stable, as long as the legs are long enough. I don't know about the two tier trees!

lbanks said:
I had two two tier stands. For bass, they seriously suck. I had one collapse under the weight. For guitar, they might be better, but I doubt it. I gave one away. The guy hasn't spoken to me since. Now, I use Rock Rack.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/RockStand-by-Warwick-7Guitar-Folding-Stand?sku=455002

I'm kind of worried about this stand. I see in the picture that it doesn't hold the guitar up straight... Have you had any problems with stress on the neck?

punkin said:
Interesting this subject came up...I ordered this one yesterday. http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=39&sName=GS-471

I like how it looks to keep the guitars from touching each other. I found spec sheet which say the cradles are rubberized...let you all know what I think of it when it shows up.

That would be great. Does rubberized mean they actually are rubber all the way through or just a layer of rubber on metal? And I can't seem to find a price on that website...

Anomaly Design said:
I'm kind of worried about this stand. I see in the picture that it doesn't hold the guitar up straight... Have you had any problems with stress on the neck?
Actually there's little weight on the neck. About as much as on a single stand. The crookedness is from setting them down on the straps.(lazy bastard.)

I use them for live work cause I'm usually playing 2 or 3 instruments, but you've really got to be carefull with them when putting in and out, it's easy to rush and create a disaster.

Gorty said:
The one tierd stands are quite stable, as long as the legs are long enough. I don't know about the two tier trees!

I've got a single tiered one that I like. The only thing that I DON'T like about it is when someone else puts a guitar on it and doesn't realize that the bottom struts are standoffs, not shelves to put the end of the guitar on. If you put a guitar onto the strut and lean the neck back into the hanger, the slightest bump will drop the guitar onto its face on the floor. I had to get extensive work done on the headstock of my Les Paul when someone did that.

i bought the hooks and made my own wall hangers.....put them in a row where they do not touch, kids can't reach nor can the dog.....and i can get them when i just gotta play for a sec.....

Back