Are all EQ's created equal?

skweeks

I've got a decent sound right now, but I really would like a basic EQ pedal for quick adjustments for individual situations, and for just screwing with my overall sound. It's going to be used in conjunction with relatively heavy distortion so I'm not going to be TOO picky about a little bit of noise from it. With that said, here's what I've been looking at.. give me your opinions and is it worth to spend the extra dough?

Brownsville 7-band EQ - $20
Danelectro Fish and Chips 7-Band EQ - $40
DOD FX40B 7-Band EQ - $60
Boss GE7 7-Band EQ - $80

The Brownsville looks kind of flimsy from the picture, but I'm yet to see it in person. The Danelectro is a new model I believe. I have had a DOD Grunge for like 4 years that has been working fine (it sounds like shit, and i've basically stopped using it.. but it does what it is supposed to do) so that's a good experience with them, but I heard there manufacturing changed to using more flimsy materials (?). I see lots of people using the boss one, i guess that's the standard as far as graphic eq foot pedals, and I've had decent experience with boss before, BUT it's a lot more than the others.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

i forgot to mention a few things.
1. i want one that can be switched on and off (all the mxr one's i've seen can't and the same for most of the rack mount ones)
2. according to zzounds (and this may contain packing weight.. in which case it's worthless info) the boss weighs 4lbs and the dod weighs 1.5lbs

thanks again

Boss for sure in my book. It doesn't weigh any more than any other fx pedal. Someone said look for a used one. Good idea.

Metal case
5 year warranty
best resale

Back