Acoustic guitar tuning and re stringing HELP please

breeeeza said:
i was going to say that maybe i fucked up and got the wrong strings and that the first 3 should be nylon but the strings that sound right and are in tune and not really loose are the steel strings! ah well
Get rid of all the steel strings. Too much tension for a classical guitar. Get a set of nylons. Bring the guitar with you and have the guy pick the right set for that guitar.

hixmix said:
Get rid of all the steel strings. Too much tension for a classical guitar. Get a set of nylons. Bring the guitar with you and have the guy pick the right set for you.
yer, thanks alot.

Hurray! Mystery solved. Remember, those nylon strings will take forever to quit stretching!!

rpe said:
Hurray! Mystery solved. Remember, those nylon strings will take forever to quit stretching!!
Hahaha ... ten minutes of fretting and stretching should see you right, although it is a pain in the arse.

I had an old 3/4 classical with like 20 year-old bronze acoustic strings in the shop today ... the neck was utterly fucked so it made for a good chance to sell a shiney new one!!! :eek:

My dad had a classical that he strung with steel strings years ago...

Needless to say, it's fucked...

Still sounds good tho, if you have the strength to deal with the ridiculous high action caused by the obscene curvature in the neck.

Back