2017 Gibsons

I have my clownbust lp knockoff wired straight to the volume from the toggle switch...no tone pots in the circuit. I never use the tone controls anyway.
I did go from a 500k pot to a 250k pot on the bridge pickup though. It gives it a smoother tone with a bit more body without being muddy. I will add that it is a alnico 4 magnet humbucker and was just a tad brittle and harsh on the very top end. It's much better now.

I have come to the conclusion that A2 buckers sound great on the bridge but are a little to thick on the neck while A4 buckers sound great on the neck but are a little thin and bright on the bridge. (to MY liking).

Okay, so the green Les Paul Classic looks pretty bad ass.

socialfeed-the-gibson-les-paul-classic-2017-t-pictured-in-green-ocean-burst.jpg

Lol, no it doesn't. Since you play Alterbridge guitars, that's all you see. :D

LOL - you keep mentioning these bands like you expect me to be a fan! I just looked them up... they're very... eh, "fashionable"... cunts. I'll try listening to them later.

You got to admit though, that's shiny green stain does look like something a modern "alternative" (new mainstream) rock band would play.

LOL - you keep mentioning these bands like you expect me to be a fan! I just looked them up... they're very... eh, "fashionable"... cunts. I'll try listening to them later.
I know you are, grunge boy. All the 90s radio-grunge fans morphed into Creed/Nickelback fans. :D

You got to admit though, that's shiny green stain does look like something a modern "alternative" (new mainstream) rock band would play.
I don't think so. I just see a green Les Paul. Looks great to me, and green isn't a color you see on many LPs.

I know you are, grunge boy. All the 90s radio-grunge fans morphed into Creed/Nickelback fans. :D
LOL - No they didn't really! We realised that Creed/Nickelback were fake/hideous commercially driven rock and have barely got into a new band since.

I don't think so. I just see a green Les Paul. Looks great to me, and green isn't a color you see on many LPs.
I know you don't see it on Les Pauls, but at that style of staining is really associated with awful metal guitars. I bet ESP do their Les Paul shaped guitar with a really similar colour.

Lol. That style of staining was invented by the Les Pauls. All those 50s bursts that people lose their shit over started out as stained top bursts. So a LP can never been translucent green because some cheese manufacturer beat them to it? That's crazy! It's a Les Paul. Just being a Les Paul makes whatever color you put on it okay.

Lol. That style of staining was invented by the Les Pauls. All those 50s bursts that people lose their shit over started out as stained top bursts. So a LP can never been translucent green because some cheese manufacturer beat them to it? That's crazy! It's a Les Paul. Just being a Les Paul makes whatever color you put on it okay.

Ah... the words of a committed fan-boy!

I just like Les Pauls to look classic - preferably with no binding, pickguard or other adornments. Was pretty much going to buy a mexican tele last week, now I want a Les Paul Studio again.

Lol. You have it ass backwards. If you like a LP to look "classic" it's gonna have binding, and a pickguard, and be a burst or a Gold Top.

What you want is a PRS Nickelback special. :D

What you want is a PRS Nickelback special. :D
No, no no no no!!!!
Surely you should be going for the Blink 182 signature model? (to be fair, its actually quite nice)

I just want a 2nd guitar that is an alternative to my Crimson. My Ibanez is OK, good for metal palm muting but I think it has ceramic magnets which is why it sounds a bit thin and scratch for the lower gain stuff. My Washburn sounds good and looks pretty cool, its just uncomfortable to play - I'm just not happy with a scale that short.

Is there a Blink 182 model? Are they even still a band? They are definitely a low point in the lifespan of punk rock.

All jokes aside, you should look at PRS. Sure, many of them are cheesy lawyer-rock ugly, but they have basic models. They're functionally right up your alley. They're smooth and refined and easily lend themselves to Locrian shred wankery.

Is there a Blink 182 model? Are they even still a band? They are definitely a low point in the lifespan of punk rock.

All jokes aside, you should look at PRS. Sure, many of them are cheesy lawyer-rock ugly, but they have basic models. They're functionally right up your alley. They're smooth and refined and easily lend themselves to Locrian shred wankery.

I did try one which didn't have a birds all over it or a horrid burst. Was alright until I plugged it in. I dialed in a sound I liked using my guitar, liked how a LP Studio sounded with similar settings. The PRS had absolutely no balls in comparison.

---------- Update ----------

There is - I just googled it then, just to take the piss. But the guitar that came up was actually quite nice!

Here it is:
Epiphone Tom DeLonge Ltd Edition (Ex-Demo) #16031500468

Last edited:
Got news for you.
The green stain predates PRS, ESP, ; Gibson and all that.
It was first introduced on Teisco Del Ray instruments in the early 60s Cheap ass Japanese junk guitars.

Green was always associated with junk.

Then PRS did it after the memory and stigma wore off.

:D

That said, a see through green on an LP DOES look cool.
:D

Back