1964 carlsbro TR 100 amp head

tonyw1

So I picked this up there about 2 weeks ago, was a bit worried as i got a phone call about a guitar i had for sale asking to swap for this amp, i looked them up and found very little on them, with thanks to memebers here i got a few links and it seemed like a good deal
The amp is real old school and it a bit battered and bruised but plays like a dream..the only problem is that it is a clean only amp i can't seem to find distortion on it
there are 4 inputs, two treble and two bass, all four give different sounds which is quite handy
i am currently playing it through a boss ds-1 into my epi les paul junior or fender squier jag, both sound quite nice through it the amp takes the pedal very well and gives good variety of tones
here are some pictures:

2011-07-27135426.jpg

2011-07-27135447.jpg

2011-07-27135439.jpg

2011-07-27135505.jpg

Well, its an old non master volume amp. But it is running EL 84 tubes which break up nicely. You cranked it up at all yet?? How bout jumpering input channels?

Should be able to get some cool tones out of it. With the age, I would have it checked out, in particular the caps. They'll leak over time.

Back