I need help to buy

eduardopcantill

Hello everyone, i'm new here and i like to set up a mini recording studio. I need you to help me decide about what to buy with a low budget ($300). I was thinking to buy this pack but i don't know if i can get something better, would you recommend me what to buy please?

Thanks in advance.

Posting the same thing many times over the forums is uncool.

That gear will get you going.

If you persist with recording, you will eventually find it limiting, and want to expand.

I presume you have a computer to connect it all to?

Hello everyone, i'm new here and i like to set up a mini recording studio. I need you to help me decide about what to buy with a low budget ($300). I was thinking to buy this pack but i don't know if i can get something better, would you recommend me what to buy please?

Thanks in advance.

Kind of impossible to help without knowing at least a little bit of information (ie what computer you have? do you want to record instruments? Which ones? Do you plan working with both audio and MIDI?

It sounds like you're just starting out at might not know what to do. In that case, I would find any old interface, microphone, or whatever, just to get started off. You need to understand how to use an interface and how to position a mic as well as the basics of tracking/mixing/etc (depending on your needs) before you'll even be able to understand why more expensive gear might be better and if it's even necessary.

Little late now, but was at B+H...Maybe still going.

I took a quick look at B+H's bundles. For the OP, definitely a great place to start, especially if there are still cyber monday deals lying around.

Given your $300 budget and practically no other information, here's a few on B+H that might be interesting for you:

PreSonus Presonus Entry Level Recording Studio B&H Photo Video

M-Audio M-Audio M-Track Audio Recording Interface and MXL V67G

Focusrite AKG Perception 220 Mic + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1027408-REG/tascam_complete_recording_package.html

The first 2 include monitors that without a doubt will sound like crap, but still better than nothing and since we don't know anything about what you have and what you want to do, you're not making it easy to help you.

The 4th link is just cheap is fuck.

Again, I have no idea what you want to do, but given that you have a $300 budget and simply want to set up a mini home studio, if we look only at the bundles on B+H, I would choose the 1st or 3rd link of the 4 that I've posted above.

Thanks in advance.

Kind of impossible to help without knowing at least a little bit of information (ie what computer you have? do you want to record instruments? Which ones? Do you plan working with both audio and MIDI?

It sounds like you're just starting out at might not know what to do. In that case, I would find any old interface, microphone, or whatever, just to get started off. You need to understand how to use an interface and how to position a mic as well as the basics of tracking/mixing/etc (depending on your needs) before you'll even be able to understand why more expensive gear might be better and if it's even necessary.

Little late now, but was at B+H...Maybe still going.

I took a quick look at B+H's bundles. For the OP, definitely a great place to start, especially if there are still cyber monday deals lying around.

Given your $300 budget and practically no other information, here's a few on B+H that might be interesting for you:

PreSonus Presonus Entry Level Recording Studio B&H Photo Video

M-Audio M-Audio M-Track Audio Recording Interface and MXL V67G

Focusrite AKG Perception 220 Mic + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB

Tascam Desktop Recording Kit B&H Photo Video

The first 2 include monitors that without a doubt will sound like crap, but still better than nothing and since we don't know anything about what you have and what you want to do, you're not making it easy to help you.

The 4th link is just cheap is fuck.

Again, I have no idea what you want to do, but given that you have a $300 budget and simply want to set up a mini home studio, if we look only at the bundles on B+H, I would choose the 1st or 3rd link of the 4 that I've posted above.

Back