(Yet Another) Good Headphones Question

The AD 700 will fall off your head, if you bend over to pick-up your pick, and it looks like they dumped the purple in the new 700x model. I remember reading comments that people wouldn't be seen in public with that purple ! ha. My head is pretty untrimmed for the winter months and they stick much better than when I'm summer short hair. Again, since it has the metal band, I was able to tighten the fit. I just wanted a little better seal on the ears. I wouldn't say they where my choice for mixing, but the old 600-ohm akg only showed up on eBay when I didn't have the money.

Anyway be sure to build a graph;
HeadRoom Headphone Graph Comparison Tool

You shouldn't mixing for more than 50 minutes without a pause, it's bad man. I use and recommend an ATH-M30s pair, it's very comfortable. It's outdated, but I like it's cushions and the overal quality. It is pretty balanced, but with a little lack in bass, but I like it! I switched one SRH440s pair for it and it was a very good improvement, a worth upgrade! I didn't use M30x or M40x, so I don't know about the comfort question, but I really like my M30s and decided to use it for years, more than 6 years! I bought them some months ago.

It's only bad if you have bad headphones. Once you start thinking about them is time for a break. Even if they are non-fatiguing, regular workplace break practice pays off.

The thing on the head will bother some much less - Deep divers and astronauts, 24-hour racing, etc..

Have had my Sennheiser HD 280 pro's for a while now and love them. Frequency sweeps seem to stay at an even volume. Comfortable.

One thing: No-one ever talks about how the sound of headphones changes depending on how tight they are to your ears. Play something, and ease them off a tiny bit, or push them tighter; makes a real difference in the sound, .. volume, impact and frequency balance. I've had to loosen mine a bit.

Back