Yamaha MT100 II

slowjet

I started using this machine and one of the two wheels (the one that collects the tape) sometimes doesn't spin, and I need to give it a little push or twist to jump start it. It only happens occasionally, is there something I can do to fix this problem? If it is as simple as a cleaning, how do I clean it properly.
Thanks for your help.

yahmaha 4 track takeup reel problem

Hi ,had the same problem took the recorder all apart. lubrication had hardened in the motor gear drive assembly . First used wd 40 on it lasted a few weeks before it screwed up again. Have it open on the bench this time I have oiled it with light sewing machine oil. Seems to be working again. Now I am wondering why it plays for about 10 secs and then shuts down, I believe there is a circuit that checks for sound and if no sound shuts down so I am looking for a schematic so I can trouble shoot that one. Good Luck.

Mt100 2

Does anyone know what the little transistor mounted on the reel drive motor base plate is for. Also why does the recorder run on all functions for about 10 seconds and then you have to push a button again to continue.
thanks. bodenj@yahoo.com

Back