Yamaha AW4416: Problems Recording/Playback

rs416

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but it looked the most appropriate out in the forum...

So I recently got a Yamaha AW4416 and I have been trying to record things on there, I have followed the procedure and recorded but the only issue is that when I try and listen to the recording nothing happens, as though I haven't recorded. For a while I figured it might be that the headphone jack was broke, but before I record I can hear what is mic'd up through headphones, so I don't think the jacks or anything are broke. Basically I think either for whatever reason it is not actually recording (which I am sure it is because whilst recording it comes up that sound is coming in and something is being recorded) or somehow I am missing something that allows me to listen to it back through the headphones, maybe a button has been pressed that has caused this or some other stupid thing I am missing. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced the same problem I would be grateful for the help, as the manual doesn't seem to have anything referring to this problem or the rest of the internet.

Cheers

I put the answer here, but I've removed it. Sick of writing stuff for people who never come back or acknowledge the effort.

*retires from AW4416 support*

Last edited:
Ah, I see you have..

I'm in Australia, it's 6.30am and I'm getting ready for work so I can get to look at this in more detail in a couple of hours. Until then hit the MON button and check that the red/Master fader isn't set to minus infinity and if it is, turn it up. Then check via Pan (I think) that all the Monitor channels are set to ST.

I'm working from memory, I no longer have the machine..

If/when you come back, describe in detail how you got here... what have you recorded, where, and how do you know it exists...

I seemed to have figured it out without changing anything. I turned the machine on and used the manuals instructions for overdubbing and it worked! If I have any other issues I will post them, and thank you for taking the time to help me with this. Ill see you around the forum.

I seemed to have figured it out without changing anything. I turned the machine on and used the manuals instructions for overdubbing and it worked! If I have any other issues I will post them, and thank you for taking the time to help me with this. Ill see you around the forum.

No probs dude... it's an old machine, not many people use it any more. It was the best of its time, but that time was 10 years ago... :laughings:

There is help with the AW416

I found that you have posted in a different forum. I replied to your "newbie" post. I still record with the 4416 and still own it. I am transitioning to all computer daw recording. A limitation of the cpu of the aw will not allow but so many recorded tracks to be monitored while overdubbing. This limitation is increased at higher bit depth and sampling rates. You can overcome this by using an auxilliay channel and outputting it to one of the omni out jacks. Similar to a live sound set up for monitors. If you need any help, let me know and I will be glad to get in front of my recorder and explain some things.
Adam Greene

Back