What mixer do you have and which do you love?

Which one do you Own?

• Total voters
For example, it's alot cheaper just over the boarder, to Denmark, Sweden, or a little longer journey to Germany. Have contacts there, so could just order in my name, to them. And then get it myself. And bring back home for saving a lot of money. But driving to Germany, is a day or two driving, so it won't pay off, unless it's some really expensive gear;) That my friends, are a reason not to move to Norway :cool:

For example, it's alot cheaper just over the boarder, to Denmark, Sweden, or a little longer journey to Germany. Have contacts there, so could just order in my name, to them. And then get it myself. And bring back home for saving a lot of money. But driving to Germany, is a day or two driving, so it won't pay off, unless it's some really expensive gear;) That my friends, are a reason not to move to Norway :cool:

Plus all of those dang Vikings looting and plundering. :D

Behringers and Tascams. I don't absolutely love any of them, but the older Tascams have a nice solid feel compared to the newer consumer grade stuff.

I love my Alesis but I haven't used any other mixers so... It does everything I need it to and I haven't had many problems with it. I think lightning or a power failure fried the effects channel though :eek: but it still records great.

I have a Peavey PV8 mixer. It's small, well built, and gets the job done. Although, I wish I would have opted for the PV10. That way I could have the extra XLR inputs(The PV8 one comes with four), and the faders. Definitely taking these things into account when I upgrade.

I read back through this thread and found my old post. Four years later and I still own a Soundcraft Ghost. But I'm much further into ProTools now and outboard than I was then. I would still upgrade the board given the cash and the business to warrant it. I'd still consider a Harrison or maybe even an SSL. Something to mix through back to the PT.

I have a Mackie Control Universal but thats not considered a mixer right....it just mixes..lol
I also have a Phonic mr3243 24 channel analog mixer.
I always wanted a Tascam M-3700

In the band I'm in we're using a Fostex 450 8 channel with direct outs for recording, and got two late-70's PA/live-desks for mixdown. It's the Yamaha EM-300 which is my preferred one but is currently fucked and a Roland PA-250. It's part of an analog setup recording to tape.

I love the 70's live desks for their spring reverb, EQ's on the master channels, their channel overdrive and (to use a damm cliché) their warm sound.
My reason for preffering the Yamaha slightly to the Roland is the heavy quality faders and the 12-channels compared to the eight of the Roland. But both sound great and cost next to nothing.

Probably we'd get less noise using a dedicated studio desk for mixdown but then we'd have to buy an external spring reverb and EQ and it'd easily be expensive.

Hey guys, Just new to the whole recording thing. Using a Pod X3 at the min but I Have a Yamaha MG 166 usb lying around that we used for live sound. If anybody has any advice or links to what kind of capabilities the MG series has for recording I would appreciate it.. Having trouble finding info at the minute, I did read somewhere that they were far from ideal for recoding .. and that you would be better served buying an audio interface. Cheers :)

I'm a big Allen and Heath fan.

I'm going to be getting a ZED24 for my mobile recording unit real soon.

My dream mixer would be the Yamaha LS9.

I'm using a Phonic Helix Universal 18 for recording. For live mixing, I use a Yamaha MG32. A little dated but both mixers are great for what I need. Looking to upgrade to the Yamaha MGP32X although a all digital board would be nice too.

Love my Yamaha MG32. Would like to upgrade to the MGP32X someday though. I had a Allen and Heath 24 channel board before the Yamaha. Was a great board but needed more channels. I've owned a Behringer when I first started out mixing live. Was a great board to get my feet wet with.

Back