what headphones do I buy???

davejohno

I'm looking for a set of headphones for home recording. I mainly record hard rock, but also blues and a bit of reggae. I record using cakewalk on a PC. can any one recomend a deccent set of headphones or am I better of with speakers? oh yeah I am extremely broke and don't want to spend too much!!
thanks.

I understand being extremely broke, but don't fudge on the phones. Ya can't keep time with what ya can't hear.

Good luck.

Headphones

When I bought headphones for my studio.
I was shocked by the price of the "good" ones.
I found that as long as the ohms are 30+, it should be a decent set and will serve you well.
I ended up buying several different makes.
I was happy with the pioneer DJ 5000 , good loud and punchy.
Stanton DJ 2000, good and loud , ATH M40s, good and clear, COBY 6v670 (uncomfortable as hell, but sounds good)
There not cheap. I tried to stay around $100 and under.
The AKG240M were the most expensive that I bought and I disliked them the most.
I am sure that if I had bought a more expensive pair of akg's they would have been better, but I didn't want to spend that much on a pair of freaking headphones that would get ripped up by a musician doin' studio time.

Peace

Gidman

CANS? Cans, you say?

Hey, hey. I couldn't resist.

Beyer 770 cans are worth the $$$. If you are broke, then cans you cannot buy of any price dimension.

There are many cans that you can work with but the ones that give you good sounds do cost a few bucks.

Green Hornet

There is no way getting around the FACT that you will NEED to purchase a pair of monitors.

You can use the headphones to arrange and stuff like that, but ya' gotta' get some monitors :) . You can probably get a decent set of "cans" for about $150.00.

spin

Yo Davejohn-O:

Just found out that Yorkville sells three models of cans: the top of the line is their HP90 cans @ less than 50 pezzutos a set!!

If the quality matches their YSM-1 speakers, you might want to try those.

Green Hornet

oh yeah I am extremely broke and don't want to spend too much!!

Well, you do need headphones for tracking, and monitors for mixing. AKG makes great headphones, I would look into some AKG's. They have great spec's and they have a great pice tag.
Follow this link,... *AKG Headphones* :p

Yea verily:

Some have accused me of being a Beyer sales person; nay, nay, nay -- I have other brands in my studio. I just report on the quality I think is quality.

AKG = good cans but your promo sounds like an AKG salespersona?

If nota, excuse!

Green Hornet

Back