What is a good Hip Hop Drum Machine?

SKILLZ

Need to find an affordable drum machine thats good for hip hop, and hopefully is enhanced by working with a computer.

Huh?

There are several rhythm modules that will work well with a keyboard or drum sequencer. Depending on your wants. There are also several programs that are available for "Making Beats". Your question is very dependent on the evironment that your choose to work in. Would you like to do software based sequencing or hardware based sequencing?

i heard the 808 and the 909 are good. j/k.

on the computer front, reason is awesome. there's this program called battery, but i think it might be mac only, but computer music mag gave it a top rating...

hardware wise, the zoom drum machines actually sound pretty cool to me. i've had 3. the rhythmtrak 123 is the one that was really good.

boss/roland make good drum machines too, but i'd prefer making beats with a good program like reason

i no like reason. not flexible enough for me. and rewire has some troubles in all the setups i have worked with.

do you need a drum machine for portability reasons? cause if you already have a computer, a software sampler or something like the $25 ritmo plug will go WAY further than most drum machines... if not all...

I have a boss dr 202, I really love the thing. I really have no idea what else is better, having had no experience with any others. However, I love to play it live like a drumset, it has a lot of kits and you can make you own. You can also program it. IT certainly has limitations but you can make it sound badass if you work at it.

Back