Voice Notes

Whyte Ice

The Next Vanilla Ice
When you guys sing, do you know what notes your hitting exactly?

Is there a way I could learn without taking vocal lessons?

possibly record the line you are singing using some keys, or a guitar first. then you can stay in tune with that.

Whyte Ice said:

Is there a way I could learn without taking vocal lessons?

This is one of the best (could also be the worst) ways to learn. Practice Practice Practice. You can do anything a vocal coach would teach you to do. I'd say ditch the idea of taking lessons.

Yo Yallow De Blanco:

I'm going to have to disagree with Fenix. When you want to learn something, about anything, visit a professional. I don't say you have to take voice lessons for 23 months; however, one class at a junior college or a bigger institution dealing with voice or harmony or whatever, could help you get to where you would like to be with your voice.

When I had a toilet that was "singing" in the bowl, I called a company that took care of problems like that; and, they did. Nothing worse than a stool that sings via the pipes due to lack of water pressure cut off or CHEAP PARTS IN THE LOO.

What is so great about this site is that you have many, many professionals out there who are willing to help. Voice lessons?
YES if that's what you need. Ear training? YES, if that's what you need. A dry Martini? YES, if that's what you need.

Green Hornet:D :D :p :p :p :cool:

Hey Whyte Ice,
When I write a song I figure out the vocal line by singing over the chord progression. Then I figure out on my guitar or keyboard what notes I'm singing if I need to write the vocal line out on paper.

My guess is that less then half of the singers in popular music today know what note they are singing at any given time. And I'll guess that close to 100% of classical singers can tell you what note they are singing at any given time.

If you don't know how to figure out what your singing you can learn some music theory by picking up a book or taking some lessons or a class.

Good luck,
scodu.

Back