Voice Channel Symetrix 628 (18yrs later) $1000 now $170

CoolCat

Symetrix- imo, is a well known brand, well built brand, but not on the boutique list. Symetrix seems to have a Radio News Room market, a more Industrial vibe to me. More similar to Shure mics, Rane, built for work where metal, solid buttons and drop testing is engineered in. no flimsy plastic pots and inside ELNA caps, heavy as hell, like the Shure mics....just a metal feel.

Had a couple Symetrix 528E, this is the 628 a spin on the 528 but with the 1999 digital things added like storing the settings so one unit could cover several mics and people in a radio station where numerous DJ's might be using different mics or different voicing, and having stored settings and instant recall is used. I get that. I dont need it...but I get that design reason.
Maybe #12 is for a SM57 and #13 a SM7 and setting #14 a KSM 27 and on and on to setting 100.

The pieces:
1)the PreAmp Gain 628 is 75db.
2)For my setup, the plugins are realtime, so a huge benefit to this Symetrix is ability to move some jumpers and put the output to MIC level output (instead of the typical Line Out mV, which is the standard jumper setting) The manual covers this. So you can plug the outputs into your PreAmp In.
3) one of the best "room remover" expander/gates Ive used. It works great and doesnt smudge up the signal as some do.
4)The Industrial comp is a function not a tone creating tube-magic fairy dust unit probably more like many other solid state Compressors. In short you can see it working on reducing peaks more than hear it.
EQ is as dangerous as you want to be. All offer BYPASS.
5)This unit also comes with a 20bit / 44/48 SPDIF card and Output, no extra charge for the Digital Card like many ask for. Gold plated pins too on the backside.
6)The programming is idiot proof. You select the patch number 1 thru 100.
It loads. Adjust knobs press the SAVE=done.
7) MIDI something on it too.

Its a $1000 unit for Used prices. Nothing to complain about other than I dont need it and being clean it didnt really do anything I cant do with my interface and realtime plugs.

Its going to Reverb if anyones interested ...$170 free shipping.

Attachments

• Symetrix 628.png
    Symetrix 628.png
    332 KB · Views: 114
Back