Using the EMU 0404 USB soundcard with Win7

Anfontan

Banned by eurt
I've been using the 0404 soundcard for years with Win XP and as my laptop is having issues I'm planning on a new laptop soon. The website says that there is a beta Driver available for the USB 0404, I wanted to know if any of you home recording people out there are having luck with this beta driver. Just wanting to hear from someone that its working well before I take the plunge.:listeningmusic:

I've been using the 0404 soundcard for years with Win XP and as my laptop is having issues I'm planning on a new laptop soon. The website says that there is a beta Driver available for the USB 0404, I wanted to know if any of you home recording people out there are having luck with this beta driver. Just wanting to hear from someone that its working well before I take the plunge.:listeningmusic:

Yup. I'm now int he same boat since my current PC is on it's last legs. I really don't want to buy brand new fast hardware and run XP just because Creative are useless at providing new drivers.

I'm very unhappy to find a world of troubled posts around the web for e-mu 0404 USB and windows 7.

Is anyone here running this successfully?

FM

Cheers,
FM

Don't think it's too much help, but I have the 0404 pci with win7 drivers and no problems at all. Well, a little bit of latency on the midi port, but I'm not too worried about.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the PCI and USB versions are different animals, if I understand it correctly.

I haven't read one success story on the web yet for 0404 USB and W7.

:(

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the PCI and USB versions are different animals, if I understand it correctly.

I haven't read one success story on the web yet for 0404 USB and W7.

:(

That's too bad. I hope they get their act together soon.

E-MU 0404 usb works under Windows 7 for non-SPDIF

Results time.

Reading around the web, I had a lot of worry about my E-MU 0404 USB and it's compatibility with Windows 7 64--bit. I was quite prepared for failure and was ready to buy another device. But, surprise!

Just got a new PC. Windows 7 64 bit.
Plugged in the 0404 USB, loaded the (unsupported) beta drivers supplied by Creative and *for my needs* works fine.

I loaded Cubase and tested the functionality there, all good.

I must specify that I do *not* use the optical output to feed an amplifier, which (if I understand correctly) is the issue with incompatibility that everybody talks about.
I use the balanced TRS outputs feed my powered monitors.

This may help someone scratching through threads on the 0404.

Cheers.
FM

I'd be very wary of E-mu products now.

There have been no new drivers for any of their products for more than two years. Technical queries on the Creative/E-mu forums always seem to be answered by the same single guy who keeps repeating the company line that they are "consolidating" but there's never any real help. The Beta driver mentioned by the OP has been posted for more than two years now with no signs of it being replaced by the real thing.

If E-mu isn't dead it's certainly on life support waiting for Creative to pull the plug.

I'm afraid I wouldn't risk their gear now--which is unfortunate since they made some good stuff. If you really need an OS upgrade, I guess it's worth trying the Beta driver but there are lots of complaints on the E-mu forum. In your situation I dunno what I'd do other than mutter some nasty words about Creative screwing up their only good stuff.

I'd be very wary of E-mu products now.

There have been no new drivers for any of their products for more than two years. Technical queries on the Creative/E-mu forums always seem to be answered by the same single guy who keeps repeating the company line that they are "consolidating" but there's never any real help.

If E-mu isn't dead it's certainly on life support waiting for Creative to pull the plug.

I'm afraid I wouldn't risk their gear now--which is unfortunate since they made some good stuff.

Agreed. I wouldn't be buying anything from them again, although I have absolutely no complaints on their product that I bought (other than support).

Back