Tascam 234

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Hi,

I presently have the TASCAM 244 and 246. They're amazing machines and sound very much unlike stuff you'd expect from a cassette tape. Very robust sound indeed. My question pertains to the TASCAM 234, however, and the prices I see these sell for on eBay. On average, the 234 sells for about the same and even more than the 244 and 246. That's surprising since it doesn't have the dedicated mixer section you'd find on the 244 and 246. Now, I've heard some people say that the 234 sounds a bit better than the 244 and 246 and others say the sound is about as good. I also noted that the 246 weighs 10.3KG (23lbs) and the 234 9.8KG (22lbs). Since the difference is so small and since the 234 does not have the mixer section the 246 has, what are the main "built" differences ? Is the 234, or the recorder/amp section, better than the 244 and 246 ? I know these 3 are superior cassette machines compared to anything available even now but what about the 234 specifically ?

Daniel

A-Salaam A-Laikum brutha cjacek!
Few here use cassette-based analog formats which is why no one as of yet has replied. Though I am supportive of most products made by Tascam, the only unit I own of thiers is the
Tascam Crw700 C/D recorder.

Your best bet is to post this question in the "Analog Forum" of this BBS.

Mustafa Salaam said:
A-Salaam A-Laikum brutha cjacek!
Few here use cassette-based analog formats which is why no one as of yet has replied. Though I am supportive of most products made by Tascam, the only unit I own of thiers is the
Tascam Crw700 C/D recorder.

Your best bet is to post this question in the "Analog Forum" of this BBS.

Thank you my friend :) Yeah, I'll post this on the TASCAM board perhaps and/or the ANALOG forum. Thanks again.

Daniel

Back