steinberg wavelab 4.0

spacedye

Vest
steinberg wavelab 3.0

anyone know how to create tracks within a 45 minute track in wavelab 3.0?
right now its 1 giant 45 minute song. i want 1 song totalling 45 minutes, but with the ability to go from one section of music to another.
example-rush hemispheres
hemispheres is the big song, but you can advance it to apollo or cygnus.
anyone know what im talking about?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about wave lab, but in Nuendo, you can place a track marker, and break the song there so that a CD player will find that point.

Or, maybe, could you burn it as 2 songs and just adjust the fade time between each song?
So that it has some continuity?

hmmm, didnt think of that. ill wait a bit longer. see if anyone else comes up with anything.
i just realised its actually wavelab 3.0 that im using... LOL..

use CDWAV

go to www.etree.org and go to their "green pages". Download CDWAV (freeware) and use that to separate one big wav into many little ones.

assuming your burning software doesn't automatically put in 2-sec gaps (or you can defeat that), you'll have as many seamless index points (tracks) as you want.

wade

Wavelab is just like Nuendo like Micheal said. You put the cursor where you want to drop the marker and then use the pull down to find the appropriate command called...drop marker. If its one big song make sure your not adding the 2 sec gap. You can drop markers where ever you want and even do cross fades depending on the material content. Pretty simple.

SoMm

thanks everyone. i think i should be able to work something out now. ill let you know how it goes.
thanks again!!!

Back