Which speaker do you like

Please vote...

• M-Audio BX8A, Active (not BX8)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Behringer B2031A Truth, Active (not B2031)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Wharfedale DP8.2A, Active

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Event TR8, Active (not TR8XL)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • B&W DM303

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I felt the same way too... but some said BX8A sounds better, and last longer due to the Kevlar cone... too bad don't have chance to hear them side by side. So far I only heard the BX8A and it sounds pretty good to me. But the price offered by B2031A is very tempting, and I like its professional looking too...

I just check out the DM303 and DM602, sounds nice but might need a sub in order to keep up with BX8A for hi-fi listening...

^^^^

Just got my Behringer B2031P's to b/c I had an good amp already. I only paid $127.50 total brand new from Musicians Friends. These things bang for da bucks. But they are some big ass monitors(8" woofers) so if u dont have much space keep it 6" or lower.

Nicole

Hey

I still use my yammy ns40m's with a samson amp others like these to when they hear them,guess i'm a bit old school..... :D

Audix 1a.

Just to prove that life does exist beyond the usual suspects...

http://www.djmart.com/audix-studio-1a-monitor.html

Bass thump like the Mackie (even looks to be the Vifa driver), detailed yet unfatigueing, bags of depth, 250w handling...BUT passive, I might add.

If the Wharf's et al are any better than these, I'd be pretty suprised. Very seldom get gear lust for new monitors.

Shit, better add that I'm in NO way affiliated with either this store or Audix!

robin watson said:
Audix 1a.

Just to prove that life does exist beyond the usual suspects...

http://www.djmart.com/audix-studio-1a-monitor.html

Bass thump like the Mackie (even looks to be the Vifa driver), detailed yet unfatigueing, bags of depth, 250w handling...BUT passive, I might add.

If the Wharf's et al are any better than these, I'd be pretty suprised. Very seldom get gear lust for new monitors.

Shit, better add that I'm in NO way affiliated with either this store or Audix!

Great review. factual, concise, non-emotional. Two thumbs up! ;)

Have a set of Yorville YSM -1 (non powered) and a set of Behringer Truths B2301A's. After a year of using both I like the Truths way better, but would not sell my Yorkvilles.

I can only vouch for the Event TR8. I've had them in my home studio for 3-4 years and they're great workhorses. They seem clean, detailed and honest enough to me. I'd previously been using hi-fi speakers, and as soon as I put my mixes through these I could hear all the faults I couldn't before. And they can go VERY loud...

As always though, the best advice is to go to a store and get them to demo them for you so you can compare. Take along CDs that you know well so you can spot any faults easily.

Back