Soundcraft K2 or 200B ?

Del Lee

Hello everybody, I have a home studio that mainly consists of a Focusrite Pro40 and a daisy chained Focusrite Octopre which really sound nice, the problem is I really like the hands on of a board and LOVE the warm, fat analog sound, I want to get an analog board with direct outs on each channel and run those into my Focusrites, the goal would be to get the sound warmed up where I want it going into the Focusrites instead of always having to go direct and find the right string of plugins to warm things up, EQ etc right in the box, plus I want the hands on of the board. I found a couple boards which are both under $1,000 each. The Soundcraft K2 48 channel console and the Soundcraft 200B 40 channel console. Would either of these be suitable for this type of application? I worry about noise and just wondered if anybody has any idea of which of these boards would be suited for the job, or if either one would be any good. My main worry is noise, I don't want to spend money on a board that is going to trash up my mixes, just looking for a good solution for this and thought one of these boards may work well for the job. I thought maybe I could run through an analog board to gain some decent input sound and use the pres on the Focusrites since they are really nice. If anybody has any experience with these boards I'd love to hear your input. Thanks.

Back